Hardin County Ohio sheriff said they shut down CHL issuance

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ole_grizzly
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Hardin County Ohio sheriff said they shut down CHL issua

Post by Ole_grizzly »

I went to lake county today. Made my appointment online about two weeks ago. They were strict about only one person in the waiting room, checked my temperature, and had me out within 15 minutes. They even printed my license right then after running the background check while I waited. Couldn’t have been a nicer experience. Geauga is still closed.
What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too - the Repo man
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

cashman966 wrote:Delaware County still not accepting applications, new or renewal, any contact with them?

Information Overview Due to COVID-19, effective immediately all CHL appointments have been cancelled. Refer back here in a few weeks to see updates. Thank you.
We contacted them and were told that they would be re-opening *last* week with limited hours. I would contact them directly so see if their website just hasn't been updated.

In the mean time, with the newly-passed legislation extending CHLs that expire during the declared emergency our focus has turned to working on ensuring that those seeking new licenses are being given that opportunity.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

JustaShooter wrote:
cashman966 wrote:Delaware County still not accepting applications, new or renewal, any contact with them?

Information Overview Due to COVID-19, effective immediately all CHL appointments have been cancelled. Refer back here in a few weeks to see updates. Thank you.
We contacted them and were told that they would be re-opening *last* week with limited hours. I would contact them directly so see if their website just hasn't been updated.

In the mean time, with the newly-passed legislation extending CHLs that expire during the declared emergency our focus has turned to working on ensuring that those seeking new licenses are being given that opportunity.
Well I guess they just told you what they thought you wanted to hear.

Here is a question and their response from their facebook page

Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

So, since the Sheriff of Delaware County wishes to break the law due to Covic-19, perhaps others can break the law within his county without consequences?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Well it took some prodding but Delaware is back to processing CHLs again. At 2 days a week they just meet the minimum 15 hours, but it is a full half hour between appointments.

Delaware County Sheriff
CONCEALED CARRY LICENSING APPOINTMENTS
Effective April 17th

The Concealed Handgun License office is open with limited hours. We will take appointments for both new and renewal licenses on Tuesday and Wednesday each week, and appointments can be made via our website: https://sheriff.co.delaware.oh.us/concealed-carry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. When you schedule your appointment you will receive this notice: When arriving for your appointment, please remain in the parking lot and we will call you at the time of your appointment for entry into the building. This measure is in place to ensure social distancing.

Out of an abundance of caution, the CHL office was temporarily closed to ensure the health and safety of our staff and CHL customers. To be compliant with Ohio law and to provide as safe as possible environment, we re-configured our confined office space and ordered additional PPE for staff.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.