2nd Amendment "Protection" (+ modifications) - Clermont Co.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BB62

2nd Amendment "Protection" (+ modifications) - Clermont Co.

Post by BB62 »

In Clermont County, what I would call a "feel good" resolution as been proposed by the County Commissions in support of the 2nd Amendment.

I was made aware of this by a fellow named Chris Hicks, who contacted me for assistance because of my (and others) RKBA work at the Clermont County Fair, in the county east of Cincinnati.

Chris is what I'd call a "citizen overseer" or "watchdog" who keeps an eye on, and publicizes governmental goings-on (or NOT goings on) in Clermont County. He runs a Facebook page called "Hicks Watchdog".

I think it would be beneficial for people to look over what he's put forward (a modification to a resolution which will be discussed tomorrow @ the County Commissioners meeting), suggest improvements as appropriate, and/or support his efforts.

What's going on in Virginia is certainly headed our way - even more than we've already seen, thanks to Dewine and spineless Republicans.

Here's his Facebook page, and his news release on the matter: https://www.facebook.com/HicksWatchdog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CLERMONT COUNTY COMMISSIONERS TO TAKE UP 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS PROTECTION ON MONDAY, JANUARY 13 AT 10 AM.

The Clermont County Commissioners will take up a 2nd Amendment rights protection resolution on Monday, 1/13/20. The draft resolution, per the draft agenda (here: https://tinyurl.com/sy7rll5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [tinyurl.com]), is devoid of measurable and actionable substance in favor of political fluff. The planned version reads as follows:

• 14. IN RE: BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS…RESOLUTION NUMBER 008-20/A RESOLUTION DECLARING THE CLERMONT COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OPPOSITION TO ANY RESTRICTIONS ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT…20-0110-002… That the Board of County Commissioners adopts Resolution Number 008-20 resolving to (1) declare Clermont County’s commitment to the Second Amendment in order to preserve for the citizens of Clermont County, Ohio their rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America;(2) to express its intent to uphold the Second Amendment Rights of the Citizens of Clermont County, Ohio; (3) to oppose any infringement on the rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms; and (4) through this Resolution hereby declares our rights, our freedom, and our liberty as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America.

An alternate resolution will be presented to the Commissioners as authored by Chris Hicks with help from 2nd Amendment Rights Activist Jeff Smith and others. The revised version transforms the political drivel into something clear, measurable, and actionable (by both government and activists). It is also consistent with the authority of county government. This is the re-write:

14. IN RE: BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS…RESOLUTION NUMBER 008-20/A RESOLUTION DECLARING THE CLERMONT COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OPPOSITION TO ANY RESTRICTIONS ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT…20-0110-002… That the Board of County Commissioners adopts Resolution Number 008-20 resolving to
1. declare Clermont County’s commitment to the Second Amendment in order to preserve for the citizens of Clermont County, Ohio their rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America and including;
2. that buildings, lands and property under county ownership, supervision, contract or control shall allow open and concealed carry unless otherwise and specifically prohibited by law;
3. that no signage to the contrary shall be placed or erected on such buildings, lands or properties unless specifically required by law;
4. that all entities funded by tax dollars are requested to follow suit;
5. that all levels of government in Clermont County are requested to follow suit;
6. that the county Prosecutor should act to preserve 2nd Amendment rights should any level of government or taxpayer funded entity within Clermont County preempt those rights by policy, resolution or ordinance.

The Commissioner’s session is on Monday (1/13) at 10 AM (101 E. Main, Batavia, 3rd floor). Several gun rights activists plan to participate in the meeting.

The draft agenda for the meeting on the 13th is here: https://tinyurl.com/sy7rll5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [tinyurl.com]. The 2nd Amendment resolution is item #14 on the last page.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
BEAR!

Re: 2nd Amendment "Protection" (+ modifications) - Clermont

Post by BEAR! »

I heard that it passed unanimously today but I don’t know if any changes were made to the original amendment.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Well, I guess their hearts are in the right place, even if their brains aren't.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

BB62 wrote: 14. IN RE: BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS…RESOLUTION NUMBER 008-20/A RESOLUTION DECLARING THE CLERMONT COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OPPOSITION TO ANY RESTRICTIONS ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT…20-0110-002… That the Board of County Commissioners adopts Resolution Number 008-20 resolving to
1. declare Clermont County’s commitment to the Second Amendment in order to preserve for the citizens of Clermont County, Ohio their rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America and including;
2. that buildings, lands and property under county ownership, supervision, contract or control shall allow open and concealed carry unless otherwise and specifically prohibited by law;
3. that no signage to the contrary shall be placed or erected on such buildings, lands or properties unless specifically required by law;
4. that all entities funded by tax dollars are requested to follow suit;
5. that all levels of government in Clermont County are requested to follow suit;
6. that the county Prosecutor should act to preserve 2nd Amendment rights should any level of government or taxpayer funded entity within Clermont County preempt those rights by policy, resolution or ordinance.
EXCELLENT!!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)