Ohio Constitutional carry vs Concealed carry

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Ohio Constitutional carry vs Concealed carry

Post by Pops Fun »

Hi
Please don't chop my head off but you may if it's what you want lol

So why do I as a concealed carrier, who can carry, pretty much everywhere I want to go, want constitutional carry for Ohio?? There is no way every state will ever have it, look at communist states like NY, California etc.

I know CPZ's are a pain, I carry about everywhere, I'm retired and don't go where I'm not wanted. I don't carry to to my doctors office, (CPZ)
I carry in Wally world, hardware stores, restaurants, no signs.

If constitutional carry passes I still need my concealed carry license to leave the state.

What do I as a concealed carrier gain by Ohio Constitutional carry.

OFCC is pushing this hard and Stand your ground hard, personally I would give up Constitutional carry if we got stand your ground... tell me why I am wrong..
I know because I was at the statehouse and it was what we were told to speak of first, after a thanks for your help.

By the way: Thanks OFCC for all your work. :) Really you guys and gals do a lot of work, thanks.

Steve
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
AlanM

Re: Ohio Constitutional carry vs Concealed carry

Post by AlanM »

You, personally, gain the peace of mind that you can carry without having to worry about not having your CHL with you.
Others gain the ability to conceal carry without having to ask permission from an overbearing government.

Granted, if you wish to carry in other states (that allow it) you will still have the option to acquire proof that you are an upstanding, law abiding citizen, and apply for an Ohio CHL.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

In the bill OFCC helped draft and are pushing, here's what you as a person with a CHL get out of it:

Elimination of mandatory preemptive notification when stopped by law enforcement.
Elevation of the concealed handgun license to a concealed weapon license.
Extension of statewide firearm law preemption to statewide weapon law preemption.

Those are the three big things that come to my mind, there could be more but it's been a while since I last reviewed the bill since I've been spending time on other bills.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Thanks all great stuff, concisely explained, all things that I want. :D
JustaShooter wrote:In the bill OFCC helped draft and are pushing, here's what you as a person with a CHL get out of it:

Elimination of mandatory preemptive notification when stopped by law enforcement.
Elevation of the concealed handgun license to a concealed weapon license.
Extension of statewide firearm law preemption to statewide weapon law preemption.

Those are the three big things that come to my mind, there could be more but it's been a while since I last reviewed the bill since I've been spending time on other bills.
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

:D
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll