S.B. 221: DeWine's bill

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: S.B. 221: DeWine's bill

Post by WestonDon »

Must be something in the water here in the buckeye state. we keep electing Democrats dressed up like Republicans as governor.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WestonDon wrote:Must be something in the water here in the buckeye state. we keep electing Democrats dressed up like Republicans as governor.
You HAVE TO VOTE GOP.
Because otherwise, someone who will support the anti-gun, Dem agenda will be in power and that's bad!

We sold ourselves to anyone running on the R ticket and should not be surprised that they completely abuse our agenda, they know we'll never vote for anyone else AND we will fight for them to win, despite the constant betrayal.

Ohio GOP voters are self-abusive, but we must keep our razor blades handy for November.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

bignflnut wrote:
WestonDon wrote:Must be something in the water here in the buckeye state. we keep electing Democrats dressed up like Republicans as governor.
You HAVE TO VOTE GOP.
Because otherwise, someone who will support the anti-gun, Dem agenda will be in power and that's bad!

We sold ourselves to anyone running on the R ticket and should not be surprised that they completely abuse our agenda, they know we'll never vote for anyone else AND we will fight for them to win, despite the constant betrayal.

Ohio GOP voters are self-abusive, but we must keep our razor blades handy for November.
Sadly, our voices weren't loud enough in the last guber primary to select a better candidate. So, we are stuck with bad and worse. Any positive suggestions to remedy the situation?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I put bugs in the ears of the two county Republican chairmen that I know personally. Figuratively speaking, of course.

Maybe I should literally start doing that instead. :P
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Unlike last years Dayton area press conference, where was the liberal democrat to do the presser with?

FURTHER...where is the GOOD data, which does exist, of how many DGUs (Defense Gun Use) in Ohio again exactly?

I know! Let's all (collectively) NOT call our Ohio Columbus Reps, both House & Senate, and, just let the river take us in it's course.

Let's trust to a combo of, luck & fate!!
8) 8) :P

Stand up, as long as it's not to difffficult!! eeeeeasy!!
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WestonDon wrote:
Sadly, our voices weren't loud enough in the last guber primary to select a better candidate. So, we are stuck with bad and worse. Any positive suggestions to remedy the situation?
A. Stop cheapening your vote by automatically giving it to Rs.
B. If you can get past point A and are interested in this discussion, I recently spelled it out to Klingon00 in the Trump Gun Free Zone Day One (pg 16) thread. I encourage you to dive into that as far and wide as you would like.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A conservative GOP House lawmaker says fellow Republican Gov. Mike DeWine should be impeached over his handling of the state’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Rep. John Becker is a Republican from Cincinnati. He said in a release Monday that he has drafted 10 articles of impeachment against the first-term governor.

Becker accuses DeWine of improperly shutting down the March presidential primary, arbitrarily ordering some businesses closed while allowing others to remain open, and instituting an unpopular statewide mask mandate.
THIS is how you defend a Republic!

You throw out the bad apples! Be they in a Governor's mansion, a locker room, a board room, etc...

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Dewhine using today's press conference to decry gun violence over the weekend, calling on GA to pass STRONG gun control nonsense.

DeWhine also not signing a bill shrinking his emergency powers...so we have a GA vs Governor type of deadlock despite both being of the same party....the winners at the GOP...and our agenda languishes.

WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Must be something in the water here in the buckeye state. we keep electing Democrats dressed up like Republicans as governor.
Dewhine using today's press conference to decry gun violence over the weekend, calling on GA to pass STRONG gun control nonsense.

DeWhine also...
The problem IMHO isn't the candidate, but who NOMINATES them. Aren't Ohio (R) committee members...elected also?

Sooo.... before that next election, look and see if they nominated/supported the central committee in the (nose) pickings of the likes of Tax'n Taft... ''I've been UN-elected by my party at the Federal level''-Mike

Again, all IMHO. But what I do know is, apples fall directly from the tree above them 8)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

WhyNot wrote:

DeWhine also...
The problem IMHO isn't the candidate, but who NOMINATES them. Aren't Ohio (R) committee members...elected also?

Sooo.... before that next election, look and see if they nominated/supported the central committee in the (nose) pickings of the likes of Tax'n Taft... ''I've been UN-elected by my party at the Federal level''-Mike

Again, all IMHO. But what I do know is, apples fall directly from the tree above them 8)
It's the OBN - Old Boys' Network.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

As he has every Tuesday for months, the governor will interrupt his remarks on pandemic stats and safety measures and plead with fellow Republican lawmakers to act on his legislation addressing gun violence in the state.

He proposed the measure last year in the wake of the Dayton mass shooting that killed nine people and injured more than two dozen.

“We should all be sick and tired of picking up the newspaper and seeing the things that we see literally every single day — our fellow Ohioans injured or killed through senseless violence,” DeWine said on Oct. 6, noting at least 42 people had been shot in the past week and more than half died. He’s made similar points Tuesday after Tuesday.
Oh... the anticipation is palpable...

Ignore this squeaky wheel...he's lame as can be...

High Power

Post by High Power »

The Emperor got the attention of the “Guns & Gadgets” YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/6mNJPA0eIs8
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein