Advocacy Day November 6, 2019

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Advocacy Day November 6, 2019

Post by MrMagoo »

Our Advocacy Day has been set for November 6. Both chambers are in session so all the legislators should be at the statehouse. We will meet in the lower level at the statehouse that morning, break into groups and visit legislators to discuss current legislation, future legislation and the governor's 17 point plan to reduce gun violence. Join like minded people who want to be involved for themselves, their kids and family, their grandkids and anyone else. PM me or Chuck or email tplummer@aol.com to get on the list.

Gary
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Advocacy Day November 6, 2019

Post by MrMagoo »

CORRECTION: Tom's correct email is thplummer@aol.com

Gary
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
slidelock15

Post by slidelock15 »

I would like to attend, I did so once before. That time we frequently ended up talking to one of theirs admin representatives. In short the pol, couldnt be bothered to attend.
I would like to suggest we publish who we have contacted, who is willing to sit down with us and who cant/wont commit. If the timing is bad we would certainly should be willing to reschedule for them on another day if necessary. I would be willing to attend the rescheduled day although it is a bit of a drive.
I would also be willing to make phone calls for advocacy day.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

slidelock15 wrote:I would like to attend, I did so once before. That time we frequently ended up talking to one of theirs admin representatives. In short the pol, couldnt be bothered to attend.
Maybe you and I attended the same Advocacy Day, as that is my overriding memory of it. Mostly we spoke with college student interns, not the legislators themselves. A grumpy but wise old boss of mine once advised: "If you don't like the music, talk to the organ grinder, NOT the [expletive] monkey!"

Afterwards I felt like we'd achieved little or nothing.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.