Email your state reps, it's EASY.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Email your state reps, it's EASY.

Post by JU-87 »

Hi all

Just emailed my Ohio Representative, and Senator. Here is a copy/paste:
Dear Sen. Dolan

As a longtime gun owner/carrier, I have grown tired of being blamed every time a maniac shoots a bunch of people!

I am very {inappropriate language} OFF that Gov. DeWine is proposing new gun control laws that not only INFRINGE on our 2nd Amendment rights, but would do NOTHING to stop a future mass shooting. I will remember him at the voting booth.

I urge you to vote "NO" on any gun control legislation.

Thank you
Short and not sweet. Honest, but not threatening.

Use it (or part of it) if it works for you. :)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Email your state reps, it's EASY.

Post by JU-87 »

{inappropriate language} in place of urinated.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Thanks, I enjoy any reminder to reach out.
This link can provide you with who your Ohio representative and senator are in the event you are unsure of who they are:
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... trict-maps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Thank you, and thank you.

I reminded my Rep & Sen. of the nature of the OHIO crime, and that LEO was their ''in a NewYork second'' as we have all advocated forever & ever; a good guy w a gun has a better potential to end an act of violence, than any unarmed/intended victim.

Then, when that happens, in the most textbook teachable example, ppl STILL cry foul :?:

And the gov leaped into the pool. Strange, a former AG forming hard opinion (well, IMHO a 17 pt plan is self evidence of a hard opinion) before all the fax facts are in, this IS NOT nor EVER should be the basis for law or change of same.

I also told them if the gov's so called ''17 point plan'' was reversed, that is, 17 was #1, 16 was #2 and so on, I might have loaned some support.

And, as echoed here on several posts, amend ANY of the so-called 17 pt plan to include, at a minimum, a SUNSET PROVISION as a 1st action in any committee hearings, etc. , for WHEN it fails.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good