S.B. 184: ERPO

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

S.B. 184: ERPO

Post by rickt »

S. B. No. 184 - Senators Williams (D), Lehner (R).
Cosponsors: Senators Antonio (D), Thomas (D), Sykes (D), Yuko (D), Maharath (D), Fedor (D), Craig, Kunze (R).

To amend sections 109.57, 2923.125, 2923.128, and 2923.13 and to enact sections 2923.26, 2923.27, 2923.28, 2923.29, 2923.30, and 2923.99 of the Revised Code to enact the Extreme Risk Protection Order Act to allow family members, household members, and law enforcement officers to obtain a court order that temporarily restricts a person's access to firearms if that person poses a danger to themselves or others.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 133-SB-184
Ghost

Re: S.B. 184: ERPO

Post by Ghost »

I’m really tired of these Republican politicians. Here’s a Email I wrote her March of this year.

My Email:
Hi, I wanted to ask you to vote NO on S.B. No. 19 Obtain order restricting access to firearms if pose danger. I am very concerned that this bill will be abused and that it will be used to falsely accuse law abiding citizens. It is clearly unconstitutional and circumvents all forms of due process. When this type of bill was introduced in Florida, 100% of the gun confiscation requests submitted, where granted. A 100% confiscation rate is not due process. Another reason it is not due process, is because it shifts the burden of proof on the gun owner and eliminates the presumption of innocence. Making a gun owner prove they are not a threat, before they can get their firearms back is a slippery slope indeed. No one should have their constitutional rights taken away, simply on the accusation of a single person. Please vote no on S.B. No. 19.

Her Response:
I apologize for the email regarding parole board reform that you received this morning, but I do sincerely appreciate your email. Thank you for taking the time to contact my office, and for sharing your thoughts on gun confiscation orders.

There is no one size fits all solution, but there needs to be a way to keep citizens safe while still upholding their constitutional rights. With the 133rd General Assembly having begun on January 1, 2019, I can assure you this topic is being carefully discussed throughout the Senate.

As you may know, Senate Bill 19, introduced by Senator Sandra Williams, would restrict access to firearms from people deemed hazardous to themselves or others. Senate Bill 19 is currently awaiting a vote in the Senate Government Oversight and Reform Committee. While I am not a member of this Committee, I will keep your thoughts in mind should Senate Bill 19 come before me on the Senate floor.

Thank you again for your correspondence. If you have any questions or concerns regarding state issues in the future, please feel free to contact my office.

Sincerely,
Peggy Lehner
State Senator
6th District

So she kept my thoughts in mind and then totally ignored them and then puts forth this turd.