C&E cancels Dayton gun show this weekend!

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

C&E cancels Dayton gun show this weekend!

Post by Brian D. »

Because of the Oregon district mass shooting a week earlier. I get "optics" and "too soon" but not really.

Consider Carrollton Ky. circa 1988, drunk idiot hits school bus full of kids coming back from Kings Island. In the aftermath, bars and stores who sold the killer his booze/beer didn't shut down in some kind of deference to the victims and their families. In that case, the drunk driver was rightfully blamed.

Shutting down the gun show looks like admission of culpability from C&E, their vendors, and even patrons. None of them did a damn thing wrong.

Something to ponder this morning..
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Re: C&E cancels Dayton gun show this weekend!

Post by M-Quigley »

Hopefully this isn't a trend with the other gun shows.

As far as I have read, the mass shooters never got their guns without a background check at a gun show anyway.
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

I have to agree here, while i think gun shows are a dying thing anyway, cancelling it makes it look like it has a direct link to the shooter and the event.
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

And without checking, I'm sure there is another show scheduled in Dayton within four or five weeks. Is that still "too soon!"?

Cincinnati (Sharonville), 30 or so miles away from the Oregon district, will have a show in early September, I think. Is that also "too soon!" or "too close!"?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.