Emergency Declared in Dayton area counties

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Emergency Declared in Dayton area counties

Post by bignflnut »

DeWine declared a state of emergency in three Ohio counties - Montgomery, Greene, and Mercer counties - that suffered serious damage following severe weather this week.

“My administration fully supports the people of the great state of Ohio as they begin the cleanup and recovery,” President Trump said on Twitter Tuesday afternoon.

Emergency help from state authorities started to flow as soon as the devastating storms moved through the Miami Valley and more assistance for long-term clean up efforts could be teed up as well.

Coordinated by the Emergency Operations Center, state agencies such as the highway patrol, ODOT crews and others stepped up to help.
Anyone have updates from relatives or friends on the West side?
Are the communities pulling together or pulling one another apart?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JediSkipdogg

Re: Emergency Declared in Dayton area counties

Post by JediSkipdogg »

They are doing both. There are lots of people trying to drive around and deliver basic supplies to those in need. Unfortunately, many roads are still blocked off by police prohibiting those from entering. Usually it's the major roads.

At the same time, I've heard there are already a large amount of looters entering the area and some people even sitting at their torn down houses armed to protect what's left. With more storms expected in the area tonight, I imagine it may be a while before rebuilding starts.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I had visited former neighbors for help cleaning up in Trotwood of which I used to reside. The home I and friends were renting was generally untouched. The rest of the nighborhood was hit hard. More houses than I could count had severe damage, such as roofs collapsed or completely missing - as in completely open sky to the bedrooms. It was terrifying and struck close to home knowing some of these people. I got lost for about 45 minutes trying to find roads to get out of the Trotwood area, too. I ended up passing Harra Arena which was already in disrepair and is not a total disaster site.

The power of mother nature never ceases to impress and humble me.

I got some drone footage of the residential area I lived in. I'm not sure when I'l be able to upload it.

EDIT: I just moved it onto my local storage server. You can check it out here. I would have taken more but the wind was making it difficult and I had work to do. Note, these links will probably be a bit slow and they are LARGE.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JediSkipdogg wrote: At the same time, I've heard there are already a large amount of looters entering the area and some people even sitting at their torn down houses armed to protect what's left. With more storms expected in the area tonight, I imagine it may be a while before rebuilding starts.
Folks-and I'm likely preaching to the choir here-it's not in the best interest of elected officials to let you know that's often the way of things after an incident of this size. So, looting is something the media has to dig up on their own, if they have the guts.

On the other hand it's reassuring when police spokespersons are honest enough to say something like "If you have a gun, be prepared to use it appropriately in the aftermath of this disaster."
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.