Madison school district

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Madison school district

Post by qmti »

I see that a judge ruled against the Bloomberg funded Everytown for Gun Safety lawsuit that prevented school personnel from carrying firearms. They are allowed to carry if they complete the Faster program. So my question is, can the school recoup the attorney fees they spent to fight the lawsuit?
pirateguy191

Re: Madison school district

Post by pirateguy191 »

I would imagine if it falls under 9.68 they would be able to. A link to the story might help.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I'm not a lawyer but I thought that 9.68 referred to a city making a law contrary to state law, not someone saying the state law is not being followed, as was alleged in the suit.

https://www.whio.com/news/how-both-side ... DolsPWh8L/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Obviously, I'm not a lawyer either.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB