S.B. 64: Raise firearm purchase age to 21

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

S.B. 64: Raise firearm purchase age to 21

Post by rickt »

S. B. No. 64 - Senator Thomas (D).
Cosponsors: Senators Fedor (D), Yuko (D), Antonio (D), Craig (D).
To amend sections 2151.022, 2152.02, 2152.16, 2923.21, and 2923.211 of the Revised Code to raise the minimum age to purchase a firearm to age 21 and to increase the penalty for improperly furnishing firearms to an underage person.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... A133-SB-64
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: S.B. 64: Raise firearm purchase age to 21

Post by WhyNot »

Now THIS is one that the repubs can ''compromise'' on. ''Mmmmoderate'' . Be ''reeeasonable''.

'Nuff :wink: said.

Unfortunately , it's in the blood sometimes. Can't be helped. Remain vigilant, contact your representatives!!
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Reasonable IMHO would to make the age to purchase firearms the same as the age to vote. There is no logical argument that a person is too irresponsible to purchase firearms yet is responsible enough to vote. You just can't have it both ways.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

WestonDon wrote:Reasonable IMHO would to make the age to purchase firearms the same as the age to vote. There is no logical argument that a person is too irresponsible to purchase firearms yet is responsible enough to vote. You just can't have it both ways.
Or get drafted, or volunteer for Military service.
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

willbird wrote:
WestonDon wrote:Reasonable IMHO would to make the age to purchase firearms the same as the age to vote. There is no logical argument that a person is too irresponsible to purchase firearms yet is responsible enough to vote. You just can't have it both ways.
Or be able to purchase alcohol...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

JustaShooter wrote:
willbird wrote:
Or be able to purchase alcohol...
All these need to be amended to the bill. Let the arguments begin among the left. Let them say why 16 years can vote but not buy a gun. Why 18 year olds can go to war but not buy a gun.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

NO

:!: News Flash :!: : The bill is not written by angels on vacation from heralding movements of the universe display.

The bill needs to die without so much as a hearing. The paper written on as a draft, being tainted, not even good as a drink blotter or note pad, should hit the shredder with the page carrying the documents wearing gloves, the tattered remains burned so as never to be recycled, and the ashes scattered, and...and...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

WhyNot wrote:NO

:!: News Flash :!: : The bill is not written by angels on vacation from heralding movements of the universe display.

The bill needs to die without so much as a hearing. The paper written on as a draft, being tainted, not even good as a drink blotter or note pad, should hit the shredder with the page carrying the documents wearing gloves, the tattered remains burned so as never to be recycled, and the ashes scattered, and...and...
I gather you don't like this bill.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Who what? :P Me?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

My question would be !!! At what age does your civil rights begin ?????????, Maybe we should leave that up to the people of NEW YORK, ( NOT) I AGREE 1000 % WITH WhyNot.
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Nah. The paper is merely an inannimate object. It is every single backer and supporter of this bill and bills like it that should be handled in the manner you describe. :evil:
WhyNot wrote:NO

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
ohiodff

Post by ohiodff »

Shall not be infringed.

The minute we let them infringe, they will keep doing it (as we can now plainly see).

Fringe 'em an inch, they'll fringe a mile.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

^^^RIGHT ^^^

Correct.

The bad part is, the want-to-get-along creu in the OAG. And I mean wearing the red label (R). To getalongs, er, them, this represents doing ''something'' about the ''problem'' , whatever that anti-2A flavor of the week actually is. And, just like softies at the Fed level, will there will be ''what do WE get for ALLOWING this through OUR majority hearings?''

On a totally :P unrelated note :P , THE first big-push of our neu (R) Gov is Taftwellian like, RAISE THEM TAXES. Re: the ''necessary'' tax on gas. Speechie tonight I think.

Sorry , a little Nostradomus Max goin' on here. Glad to be wrong...stay tuned...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good