S.B. 63: Universal Background Checks

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

S.B. 63: Universal Background Checks

Post by rickt »

S. B. No. 63 - Senator Thomas (D).
Cosponsors: Senators Maharath (D), Yuko (D), Antonio (D), Craig (D).
To amend sections 2929.28 and 5122.311 and to enact section 2923.26 of the Revised Code to require a firearm transfer to be made through a dealer, through a law enforcement agency, or pursuant to a specified exception, and to require a background check when a firearm is transferred.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... A133-SB-63
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: S.B. 63: Universal Background Checks

Post by schmieg »

The purpose of many of these proposals is to have them introduced in the legislature and fail to create a basis for a ballot initiative in the 2020 election when they expect a Democrat wave to oust Trump. There is method in the madness.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: S.B. 63: Universal Background Checks

Post by Chuck »

This is bad
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)