Bill To Make Ohio 2A Sanctuary State

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Bill To Make Ohio 2A Sanctuary State

Postby bignflnut » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm

3rd Hearing
Poss. Sub. Bill
Prop/Opp/IP

Substitute bill?

Anyone hear anything of this? Is it some FOP nonsense?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, Mar 14, 1908
Republicans.Hate.You.See2020.
"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia Oct 11, 1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby bignflnut » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:20 am

Moms have invaded the opponent testimony...https://ohiohouse.gov/committees/state- ... 0-0900_648

and are filling up the room...

A quick glance at a sample of the opponent testimony is "Is this necessary?" "Who is coming for the guns?", etc...as the BATFE announces a redefinition of "firearm". brace usage, etc...

Kinda tone deaf...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, Mar 14, 1908
"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia Oct 11, 1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby bignflnut » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 am

Sub bill not introduced.

Opponent testimony and exchange with Rep Jamie Callender given by only Douglas Roger (a lawyer for 50 years). Rodger's argument was that Scalia said in Heller it didn't change any existing laws. HB 62 would encourage lawlessness against federal laws and that the law is the law and can't be changed unless and until Judicial Supremacy changed it.

Callender hit back with Schedule 3 nullification and stymied Rodger into saying nullification is not possible.
Rodger noted that he voted for Nixon, is not a leftist and doesn't support Schedule 3 nullification, either.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby bignflnut » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:43 am

Reflecting on Douglas Rodger's opponent testimony...https://www.ohiochannel.org/collections ... -committee

I enjoy how under questioning he attempts to differentiate his personal opinions (1:38:50) from that of "Moms" as he sports the RedCoat tshirt proudly and began his testimony joining with "Moms".

"Anarchy" comes from not obeying the Supreme Court after the "Civil War". (Inter"dis"position is not interposition)

Please realize that we're still litigating the "Civil War" and it's fallout.

So much of our public discourse and discord is States Rights vs federal dictate.
We shall see if Ohio has the stones to do what is right...after the Feds were too weak to impose COVID restrictions nationally...remember...all the individual states needed to pass their own "emergencies".

Rodger advocates that 9 appointed, not elected, people are to control the 50 State legislatures.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby AlanM » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 am

Frankly, I'm of the opinion (and I'd love to see a country wide movement to promote this) that individuals that violate their oath of office by promoting anti-gun laws and NOT voting for 2A sanctuary state status be impeached, found guilty, and not allowed to hold ANY office or position of leadership of any kind ever again.

As far as I can tell all US oaths of office all have this in them: (this is the Virginia wording and Ohio wording, other states will vary as needed)
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent upon me as ____________________ according to the best of my ability, (so help me God)."

"I, (name), do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of Ohio, will administer justice without respect to persons, and will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all of the duties incumbent upon me as (name of office) according to the best of my ability and understanding. [This I do as I shall answer unto God.]"

Only six states DO NOT have the right to bear arms in their constitutions. California, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, and New York.

Any politician that speaks out or votes against the Second Amendment should be promised that the word will be put out on all possible forms of media (especially social media) that they violate their oath of office consciously (not accidentally) and therefore should be removed from office.

Any political opponent of these people should make it a main talking point that they don't take their oath serious.

IMHO "Shall NOT be infringed" does not leave any wiggle room.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM

Postby bignflnut » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:11 pm

The man was pronounced dead at the scene. A 27-year-old woman who was a passenger in the car sustained minor injuries from glass debris, authorities said.

"BCA crime scene personnel recovered a handgun as well as spent cartridge cases from inside the driver's compartment," the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) said in a statement.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office will identify him "once the preliminary autopsy, formal identification and family notifications have taken place," the BCA said.

The BCA statement said that "at one point a Hennepin County sheriff's deputy and a Ramsey County sheriff's deputy serving on the task force discharged their weapons, striking the man."

The suspect had been wanted on a state arrest warrant for possession of a firearm by a felon, according to the Marshals Service.

So...here's a guy being rung up for being outside a prison, but carrying the stain of a "prohibited person", meaning his RKBA is no longer valid in some way... (maybe MN law originated the "prohibited person" canard, but I'm assuming it's piggybacking on the feds)

Given the previous statements, do you believe that these marshals and enforcers should be impeached, fired, tried and potentially given a death sentence for enforcing GCA/NFA "prohibited person" doctrines?

I'm sympathetic, to be sure. However, we're a long way from "shall not be infringed".

Just to tie this together, the STATE was enforcing this...which would be outlawed under HB62...not only that, but those State actors enforcing federal dumb would be fired and charged without "qualified immunity". I'm pro HB62 in its current form, there is a lurking substitute that takes many of the teeth out.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Tweed Ring's Ohio Politics and Legislation