Renewing Non-Adjacent County License

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Wgonz

Renewing Non-Adjacent County License

Post by Wgonz »

I got my CCW license last year in a non-adjacent county. If you recall, during the pandemic the rule saying you could only get a CCW license in your county or an adjacent county was temporarily rescinded. I ended up getting my license in Fayette County. I’m not up for renewal until 2026, so I realize a lot can happen and change before then. However, has there been any official word or direction on whether one will be able to renew the license in that same issuing, non-adjacent county? Or are they going to make those of us who were able to go to non-adjacent counties get a whole new license in our current or adjacent counties?
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Renewing Non-Adjacent County License

Post by WY_Not »

It would still be a renewal. If the Sheriff tries to treat it as a new CHL, requirements wise then they are not following the law.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

We are back to renewing in current or adjacent counties.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Unless something changes between now and your renewal, you will need to renew in your county of residence or an adjacent county. IT will still be a renewal, they cannot (legally) require you to treat it as a new license application.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!