Seeking a recommended Attorney for CCW application analysis.

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

timot

Seeking a recommended Attorney for CCW application analysis.

Post by timot »

Hello

I am interested in applying for and obtaining a concealed carry/open carry permit from the state of Ohio of which I am a legal resident. I am getting conflicting legal advice as to if I am qualified to apply for and receive such a permit. Therefore, I wish to hire a good attorney to do an in-depth analysis of the matter before making the application. I made contact with Attorney Ronald Lemieux from the Cleveland area who I know nothing about. Looking for other recommended names and contact information of Ohio attorneys this forum has good knowledge of and can recommend. Thanks! Tim
JEaton

Re: Seeking a recommended Attorney for CCW application analy

Post by JEaton »

Ron Lemieux does the legal work for Buckeye Firearms Foundation along with Sean Maloney who is down in Cincinnati area. Both are good 2A attorneys. PM me if you want contact info.

JLE
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Hi Tim,

I don't have a recommendation, and I'm not a lawyer either, but it shouldn't take a lawyer to determine if you are eligible to get an Ohio CHL. If you are willing to share the details of your record with me I'd be happy to take a look and tell you what I see. As I said, I'm not a lawyer, but I am very familiar with Ohio and Federal gun laws, and if nothing else it can't hurt for me to take a look (and it's considerably less expensive...). And, for that matter, it's almost certainly going to be less expensive to simply apply and see what happens after clearing up any issues I might see.

If you want to PM me the information rather than post in open forum, that's fine - but you'll have to have a few more forum posts before PMs become available for you - I think you need 5 approved posts total.

(By the way, no license is required to openly carry in Ohio, but there are restrictions - primarily, you cannot transport a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle without a license, and cannot carry into a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol.)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Derek DeBrosse

http://ohiogunlawyer.com/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
timot

Post by timot »

JustaShooter wrote:Hi Tim,

I don't have a recommendation, and I'm not a lawyer either, but it shouldn't take a lawyer to determine if you are eligible to get an Ohio CHL. If you are willing to share the details of your record with me I'd be happy to take a look and tell you what I see. As I said, I'm not a lawyer, but I am very familiar with Ohio and Federal gun laws, and if nothing else it can't hurt for me to take a look (and it's considerably less expensive...). And, for that matter, it's almost certainly going to be less expensive to simply apply and see what happens after clearing up any issues I might see.

If you want to PM me the information rather than post in open forum, that's fine - but you'll have to have a few more forum posts before PMs become available for you - I think you need 5 approved posts total.

(By the way, no license is required to openly carry in Ohio, but there are restrictions - primarily, you cannot transport a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle without a license, and cannot carry into a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol.)
Thanks for the offer. Your right, there is no PM option available to me. Guess they want to see if I'm real or not first. I will say this here. I don't like what's going on in Washington these days and feel it's time to take a position on the 2A. CCW a step in that direction. Tim
timot

Post by timot »

pirateguy191 wrote:Derek DeBrosse

Thanks. DeBrosse and Lemieux seem to be the big two names in Ohio for Attorneys.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

You are now up to 6 approved posts, so the PM option should now be available. ;)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

timot wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:Derek DeBrosse

Thanks. DeBrosse and Lemieux seem to be the big two names in Ohio for Attorneys.
+1 for Derek, he is my choice for an attorney (especially with gun stuff.) But he has also done some other stuff for us and we have always been very pleased with him. Also just a great guy all around.