Answering question on application

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

HACCall

Answering question on application

Post by HACCall »

My two part question concerns question 8 on the application and how to answer.
1. In 2000 I was convicted of a m4 menacing, I paid a small fine and no jail time. It was/is my only offense of violence. If answering "yes" to question 8 does that deny me of a CHL?
2. If I was able to get that record sealed would that enable me to answer "no" to that question on the application or would I still answer "yes", and ultimately would this allow me to receive my CHL?

Thanks for any help clarifying.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Answering question on application

Post by JustaShooter »

1. If your M4 Menacing was 2903.22(A), it will not prevent you from getting your CHL since it was over 3 years ago. See ORC 2923.125(D)(1)(f):
(f) Except as otherwise provided in division (D)(4) or (5) of this section, the applicant, within three years of the date of the application, has not been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor offense of violence other than a misdemeanor violation of section 2921.33 of the Revised Code or a violation of section 2903.13 of the Revised Code when the victim of the violation is a peace officer, or a misdemeanor violation of section 2923.1211 of the Revised Code;

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. If you get it sealed, as I understand it you could answer No.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
HACCall

Re: Answering question on application

Post by HACCall »

It was a 2903.22. I was afraid answering "yes" to question 8 was going to automatically disqualify me, but answering "no" to question 9 makes it known it was more than 3 years ago I guess. Thank you for the quick response JustaShooter!