Will I be denied ? Pleas help ease my mind !

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Youngbuck92

Will I be denied ? Pleas help ease my mind !

Post by Youngbuck92 »

Hello everyone, first post here. Im 28 and finally turned in my application along with certificate into the sheriff, now I wait for processing. Everything I have been reading points that I should be in the clear, but for goodness sake it has started to stress me out more than I imagined ! I have a total of four criminal charges on my record, total meaning nothing sealed or expunged or a charge i'm not mentioning, what you see is what you get. All of these charges are from nine and ten years ago, 2010 - 2011. From what I understand, minor misdemeanors shall not be considered. OK so the drug abuse is good them ? Or will they deny me and say "no no no, your an addict" or something to that regard ? For the alcohol charge, after hours of looking through the ORC, I cannot seem to find liquor or beer listed as a controlled substance of drug of abuse and anecdotal evidence of other Ohioans getting their CCW with several OVIs on record. Can anyone of you more experienced guys or gals give me some advice, help ease my mind while I wait the possible full 45 day period ?! For more information, I have never been in a drug rehab program or was forced to go to one nor a drug related program. The plea deal I took involved only community service. The drug abuse charge was for "marijuana debris", literally "shake" or little specs of presumed weed a campus officer found in our dorm room at college.

Charge one - POSSESS DRUG PARAPHERNALIA M4
Plea & Finding - NOT GUILTY - DISMISSED-CHARGES DROPPED

Charge two - POSSESS MARIJUANA LESS BULK MM
Plea & Finding - NOT GUILTY - DISMISSED-CHARGES DROPPED

Charge three -138.04 DRUG ABUSE MM
Plea & Finding - PlEA OF GUILTY-CONVICTED

Charge four- UNDERAGE ALCOHOL OFFENSE M1
Plea & Finding - PlEA OF GUILTY-CONVICTED
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Will I be denied ? Pleas help ease my mind !

Post by JustaShooter »

I agree, I don't see anything that would cause you to be denied. BTW, did you provide them with the disposition paperwork for the two charges that were dismissed?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Youngbuck92

Post by Youngbuck92 »

Oh boy, I have no such paperwork. If I can see the finding "dismissed" then why would they require some extra paper work ? I assume now I will be denied and will have to jump through several hoops for this. What would be my next step ?
Youngbuck92

Post by Youngbuck92 »

As of today its ready to be picked up. I can either delete this post, or leave it for others who have had similar slip ups when they were young and dumb so they can get an idea of their situation when it comes to getting a ccw.