Renewal in different county

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Badfish84

Renewal in different county

Post by Badfish84 »

Got my CCW license in summit. It’s about to expire. Are you allowed to renew in a different county from your original license? I cannot make an appointment for summit because they are booked.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Renewal in different county

Post by JustaShooter »

You are allowed to renew in your current county of residence or any county that borders it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Allow me to welcome you to our forums, Badfish84. I see it's your first post since joining in November of 2015, hope you have at least been lurking and reading here.

Right now there's a bill going through the Statehouse which would grant even longer extensions to expired CC licenses, and allow renewal in ANY county, due to all the Covid shutdowns. But no way to tell if it will be approved by the legislature, then signed into law by Governor L'il Mikey before year's end.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:Right now there's a bill going through the Statehouse which would grant even longer extensions to expired CC licenses, and allow renewal in ANY county, due to all the Covid shutdowns. But no way to tell if it will be approved by the legislature, then signed into law by Governor L'il Mikey before year's end.
According to a FB post I just saw, it has passed the House and Senate and is awaiting the Governor's signature.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Dood, I'm to the point that I take nothing from the gooferment as a done deal until it's actually done.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:Dood, I'm to the point that I take nothing from the gooferment as a done deal until it's actually done.
Likewise - however, this bill has enough stuff he wants I think he's likely to sign it. But, only time will tell.
NRA Life Member