Old marijuana charge and ccw permits

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tracker1

Old marijuana charge and ccw permits

Post by tracker1 »

I had a friend ask if he could get a permit with an old possession of marijuana charge (20 years ago).
I know they keep changing things since I got my permit but where does things stand?
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Old marijuana charge and ccw permits

Post by JustaShooter »

If it was a minor misdemeanor, or he's had the conviction sealed/expunged, he should be fine.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

I was looking a application online and it asked if you were ever convicted of possession.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

tracker1 wrote:I was looking a application online and it asked if you were ever convicted of possession.
The application also says:
FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS 6, 7A, 7B, DO NOT INCLUDE ANY CONVICTION FOR WHICH A COURT HAS ORDERED SEALED OR EXPUNGED OR RELATIVE TO WHICH A COURT HAS GRANTED RELIEF FROM DISABILITY PURSUANT TO ORC 2923.14, OR A CONVICTION FOR A MINOR MISDEMEANOR LEVEL OFFENSE
So, any minor misdemeanor conviction or conviction he's had sealed/expunged should not be included when filling out those questions on the application.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

Great, thanks.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

The application also says:
FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS 6, 7A, 7B, DO NOT INCLUDE ANY CONVICTION FOR WHICH A COURT HAS ORDERED SEALED OR EXPUNGED OR RELATIVE TO WHICH A COURT HAS GRANTED RELIEF FROM DISABILITY PURSUANT TO ORC 2923.14, OR A CONVICTION FOR A MINOR MISDEMEANOR LEVEL OFFENSE
Has the wording been changed in the last few years on the application about the MM offense? Seems like when I applied I did write I was caught with a small bag of weed in 76 or 77 or 78. Wow! That has been 40 plus years ago!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Gramps wrote:The application also says:
Has the wording been changed in the last few years on the application about the MM offense? Seems like when I applied I did write I was caught with a small bag of weed in 76 or 77 or 78. Wow! That has been 40 plus years ago!
Yes, it changed just a few years ago, I don't remember exactly when.
NRA Life Member