CHL extension???

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

danoam

Re: CHL extension???

Post by danoam »

3 gun wrote:DeWine signed the extension
I can't find anywhere where it says he signed it. Can you point me to a source? I just want to verify for myself before I begin carrying again.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I haven't seen an article where it said DeWine signed it. If he did, you also want to confirm it was done on an 'emergency' basis so that it immediately becomes law.

Wouldn't hurt to print that out and keep it handy while carrying; it's amazing how slow some police agencies are getting their legal information updated.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I just confirmed it declares an emergency and takes immediate effect, but haven't found confirmation it has been signed.
SECTION 19. This act is hereby declared to be an emergency measure necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, and safety. The reason for such necessity is to address the operations of state government and the financial impact to governments during theCOVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, this act shall go into immediate effect.
http://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/sola ... format=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Supposed to be signed tomorrow in a virtual signing ceremony

JLE
dademoss

Post by dademoss »

BFA reports it as signed:

Governor signs HB 614: Ohio CHLs Extended to June 30, 2021
by Dean Rieck
4:15PM THURSDAY, OCTOBER 01, 2020
On Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, Ohio Governor DeWine signed House Bill 614, with an amendment to extend Concealed Handgun License (CHL) expiration dates. The bill includes an emergency provision, which means that the CHL extensions go into effect immediately.

This brings desperately needed relief to thousands of Ohioans who face long wait times to apply for or renew licenses.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That's good. I reiterate earlier advice about printing out this change, because the law enforcement folks and their prosecutors, solicitors, etc. are slow on the uptake.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dademoss

Post by dademoss »

I printed one for the glovebox, luckily I got an appointment in early Nov for my renewal, so I won't need it for long.
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

I also noticed there was a prevision that let you go to any sheriff's office in the state, i wished this was permanent.
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

My brother in law had his appointment with Medina yesterday after waiting 4 months. When he got there the SO told him the AG waived the adjoining county rule so you can go to any county in Ohio for renewal or first time license. To test it out a friend of mine contacted Ashland (He lives in Lorain) and got an appointment for next week and was also told that you can go to any county now due to the large amount of requests.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Aaaaaaand....

you can get booze delivered with your food too! IT'S A NEW LAW :D ! !

See, with the Covid1943 :P TWO WEEK lockdown,restaurants who served booze was hurting ($$). And ppl were hurting (no booze w/food) . Voila, enter Gov. Covid :P and with a waive of the majikk wand, <poof> booze could be delivered with your pizza...

Fast forward to week 20 of the TWO WEEK :lol: lockdown, and, our illustrious & enlightened legispotators in Colombus i.e. OGA wrote a law, it's forever OK to deliver booze with your refried steak fingers!! (LoL)...

OK....it's Ok....no, seriously, see, there is NO PROBLEMS with ppl going around on some majik wand waive so-called ''extension'' of CHL renewal(s).

Time to extend the CHL indefinitely again please? OH NO THAT'S dangerous... all EVIDENCE to the contrary. Shucks, I'll settle for the CURRENT method, which is working FINE, extend by Exec fiat for another year, every year...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Can someone post a link to this law?
Thanks Steve
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Pops Fun wrote:Can someone post a link to this law?
Here you go. https://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/sol ... format=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The information you are interested in is Section 14 Divisions (E) and (F) on pages 25 & 26.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

JustaShooter wrote:
Pops Fun wrote:Can someone post a link to this law?
Here you go. https://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/sol ... format=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The information you are interested in is Section 14 Divisions (E) and (F) on pages 25 & 26.
Thank you!!
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan