Application questions regarding Juvenile record

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jondjames

Application questions regarding Juvenile record

Post by Jondjames »

I’m interested in obtaining my CHL. As a juvenile i got into a bunch of trouble. Possession of marijuana charge. Bunch of probation violations, I think maybe a menacing charge. No felonies. As an adult I was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia 14 years ago. I had those charges sealed years later. I also had an OVI Charge that I’m fighting in court. Would i be disqualified from having a concealed handgun license in Ohio? And if so can I get an out of state resident permit for Florida??
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Application questions regarding Juvenile record

Post by JustaShooter »

If your juvenile record wasn't sealed, then it can prevent you from getting a CHL, it depends on the exact charges. The OVI charge should not be an issue, neither should the charges you had sealed as an adult. Not sure if any of that would be an issue for FL.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Jondjames

Re: Application questions regarding Juvenile record

Post by Jondjames »

My juvenile record was not sealed. What does adjudicated a delinquent even mean on the application? Maybe not the exact wording but around that.