CLINTON COUNTY CCW APPLICATION

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Elrod1973

CLINTON COUNTY CCW APPLICATION

Post by Elrod1973 »

Anybody have any advice as to who I should contact next or what I should do? Tomorrow will be 45 days since I dropped off my application. My wife got her permit in just 2 days. We dropped them off together the same day. I called the sheriff's dept about 2 weeks ago and they said that it could take 30-45 days for the FBI to get them the results because they have to mail them. Everywhere I've read says they have 45 days to get the results which is ridiculous. I have no problem purchasing firearms or passing background checks and always get proceed. Do I need to contact the FBI or should I call the sheriffs dept again? Any info appreciated.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: CLINTON COUNTY CCW APPLICATION

Post by JustaShooter »

Under Ohio law, they have 45 days to issue the license or deny for cause in writing. And, that's 45 *calendar* days, not business days. So, I would recommend you call them and ask them when you can come pick up your license. Politely, of course. If they say they are still waiting, let them know they must issue the license or deny for cause, in writing, after 45 days, according to Ohio Revised Code 2923.125 (D). If they don't have cause to deny, they must issue the license *even if they haven't gotten all of the results back that they want* - that's what the 45 days is for. If they become aware of something *after* they issue the license, they can always revoke it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Elrod1973

Re: CLINTON COUNTY CCW APPLICATION

Post by Elrod1973 »

Thanks for the information I appreciate it. I just got the phone call and it's ready for me to pick up. They took the full 45 days. Better late than never I guess. Just was irritating when my wife got hers in just 2 days.