The 7A question

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jhuff

The 7A question

Post by Jhuff »

Alright here is story. I have 3 charges 2 minor misdemeanor possession charges and 1 misdemeanor 4th degree disorderly conduct, this one was brought down from a paraphernalia charge. Does this disqualify me? Also I'm assuming answer yes to 7A. These where in 09' and 12' if that helps. I was an idiot in college obviously. Any help would be appreciated.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: The 7A question

Post by JustaShooter »

The two minor misdemeanor pot convictions don't matter, they are specifically exempted from consideration.

If the M4 Disorderly Conduct conviction is under ORC 2917.11 then it isn't a disqualifier either.

For future reference, you can see the qualifications and disqualifications for a CHL in ORC 2923.125 at http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Jhuff

Post by Jhuff »

Thank you for your help that's kind of what I thought from my reading, the legal wording always makes me second guess and the disorderly is under 2917.11. Thank you!!
Jhuff

Post by Jhuff »

Thank you for your help that's kind of what I thought from my reading, the legal wording always makes me second guess and the disorderly is under 2917.11. Thank you!!