Fingerprints are gone

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jmor777

Fingerprints are gone

Post by Jmor777 »

Went to renew my CCW license today and the Deputy had a hard time getting a clear image of my fingerprints. After multiple tries he said he would send it in anyway and hope the computer could read them, if not I would have to come back and try again. He told me I had very little print left on my fingers. Very strange. I was wondering what would happen if they can't get a print? Can they deny me a CCW license? Thanks.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Fingerprints are gone

Post by JustaShooter »

I wouldn't think they could deny you because they couldn't get a good enough set of prints. A set of prints are required for the application, but as I understand it, they are for the background check.

Keep us posted on the results...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Jmor777

Post by Jmor777 »

Thank you and I will keep you posted
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome. As we age we lose natural oils that help keep our skin moist..and fingerprints visible. My dad had to go the old fashioned ink and roller method with his last renewal at age 78 or so. That required us going to the county jail, fortunately just across the lawn from the sheriff's office.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Brian D. wrote:Welcome. As we age we lose natural oils that help keep our skin moist..and fingerprints visible. My dad had to go the old fashioned ink and roller method with his last renewal at age 78 or so. That required us going to the county jail, fortunately just across the lawn from the sheriff's office.
Me too! I was 73 when I last renewed. Even the hand lotion trick couldn't get a good reading.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

And there are other reasons besides age that cause skin to dry out. Didn't mean to imply that the OP was old, sorry about that.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Jmor777

Post by Jmor777 »

I don't know what caused me to lose my fingerprints, I suspect it's because I helped my husband restore vehicles so I had to use a lot of sand paper getting the vehicle ready for paint. The Deputy told me that if you handle a lot of paper or wash your hands a lot that can do it too which seems hard to believe but I guess he would know.