Montgomery county renewal, bring form or onsite ??

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Todd400

Montgomery county renewal, bring form or onsite ??

Post by Todd400 »

Going back to Montgomery county to renew my ccw tomorrow, just wondering if I need to download and print the 5 page form or do they have copies available at the sheriffs office ? Thanks
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Montgomery county renewal, bring form or onsite ??

Post by JustaShooter »

I would not expect them to have copies at the sheriff's office. Besides, I kind of prefer to have forms and such filled out before I arrive.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Todd400

Post by Todd400 »

I simply can't remember from my original application if it was there or i brought it, my have to hit kinkos then and print it out.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Todd400 wrote:I simply can't remember from my original application if it was there or i brought it, my have to hit kinkos then and print it out.
It sucks if you don't have a printer at home.

Save yourself a dollar and get a copy of the Concealed Carry Manual from your Sheriff.

It is free and comes with an application inside.
MyWifeSaidYes
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Todd400 wrote:I simply can't remember from my original application if it was there or i brought it, my have to hit kinkos then and print it out.
It sucks if you don't have a printer at home.

Save yourself a dollar and get a copy of the Concealed Carry Manual from your Sheriff.

It is free and comes with an application inside.
Assuming they actually have any - last time I tried to get some for my classes, they were out and didn't know when they would get any more, and suggested I download and print them myself.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That's interesting about the AG booklet. Since publication of it began, Hamilton County has had two Sheriffs. The first was rather anti-gun when it came to us "civilians" even though he purported to be very conservative. His replacement is very carry-friendly by comparison, even though he's a Democrat, and seems to support his party's candidates.

What I'm thinking is that HamCo, throughout this time, must have an office manager if you will, that takes his/herjob seriously. Tax dollars are paid by the citizens/voters to provide such publications, it's not unreasonable to expect those charged with distribution of same try to do a good job at it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Brian D. wrote:That's interesting about the AG booklet. Since publication of it began, Hamilton County has had two Sheriffs. The first was rather anti-gun when it came to us "civilians" even though he purported to be very conservative. His replacement is very carry-friendly by comparison, even though he's a Democrat, and seems to support his party's candidates.

What I'm thinking is that HamCo, throughout this time, must have an office manager if you will, that takes his/herjob seriously. Tax dollars are paid by the citizens/voters to provide such publications, it's not unreasonable to expect those charged with distribution of same try to do a good job at it.
The AG's office has plenty of manuals and will send them to any Sheriff that requests them. They told me so in April of this year.

That's the problem. The Sheriff has to request them. Since there is no longer a requirement to provide a physical copy of the manual to students, there is no longer an impetus for the Sheriffs to deal with them.
MyWifeSaidYes
Todd400

Post by Todd400 »

I printed the forms at kinkos and btought them, the sheriffs office had plenty though with clip boards and pens, all went well though.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE