Section V of the Ohio CHL Application

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Section V of the Ohio CHL Application

Post by WY_Not »

Question on the application...

For Section V, are they asking if I have any applications submitted and pending? Or are they asking if I've ever applied elsewhere? Or what? If I've applied for and received out of state permits do they get listed here?

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/File ... -%28P.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SECTION V
YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS SECTION OF THE APPLICATION BY ANSWERING THE QUESTION POSED IN PART (1) BELOW AND, IF THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION IS “YES,” BY PROVIDING IN PART (2) THE INFORMATION SPECIFIED. IF YOU NEED MORE
SPACE, COMPLETE AN ADDITIONAL SHEET WITH THE RELEVANT INFORMATION, ATTACH IT TO THE APPLICATION, AND NOTE THE ATTACHMENT AT THE END OF THIS SECTION.

(1) Have you previously applied in any county in Ohio or in any other state for a license to carry a concealed handgun or a temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun? ___Yes ___ No
(2) If your answer to the question in part (1) of this section of the application is “yes,” you must complete this part by listing each county in Ohio, and each other state, in which you previously applied for either type of license and, to the best of your knowledge, the date on which you made the application.

Previous application made in ________________________________ on _________________.
Ohio County or Other State Application Date

Previous application made in ________________________________ on _________________.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
BobK

Re: Section V of the Ohio CHL Application

Post by BobK »

Seems straightforward to me. List every Ohio county and every other state where you have ever submitted an application, with the approximate dates.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Just IMHO, they are fishing for people who have been denied someplace else, or are applying someplace else to get around a mandated delay if you want to re-apply after a denial.

IMHO/iANAL, successful applications probably can be ignored here - first CHL and renewals....

The Sheriff, if you believe in licensed carry v.s. "Constitutional" carry, needs to know when/where you were denied, if ever. Poorly worded, though.

I think we're over-thinking this one...

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Was just asking for clarification as I thought the old form had a similar question that wanted to know if you had applied and been denied elsewhere. Thought maybe this was the same question with crappy wording.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.