Just a quick question-

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Just a quick question-

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Take the issue to the prosecutor.

I would push it until I got something in writing from the county Prosecutor.
MyWifeSaidYes
MYFELLOWAMERICANS

Post by MYFELLOWAMERICANS »

I would call the prosecutors office but which department handles this?
MYFELLOWAMERICANS

Post by MYFELLOWAMERICANS »

Well I sent them a letter. Lets see if they respond and what it says.

Hello-

I recently called the Summit County Sheriff’s office for information on renewing my CCW license. I explained to the deputy that I had my original certificate showing that I had passed the required course from 2004. I also explained to her that I had obtained my first license through Summit County but allowed it to expire in 2008, but that I no longer possessed the original license card itself.
I was told by the deputy that she (Deputy Munday) would not renew my license because I no longer had proof that I previously held a license, in that my card was missing. I explained that the law doesn’t require a physical card, but rather proof that I was a previous license holder. I explained that surrounding counties were able to use the counties approval records as proof. She said that it is possible to do that but she won’t do it. I asked her what she does when people lose their valid license, she said she uses the license holder’s records to prove they had a license and then issues a new license.

I believe that my rights are being trampled on. I pay my taxes and I can read what the law says. Nowhere that I can find does it say I must have the actual card. I would like to know what will be done and/or what I need to do to see to it I am issued a renewal license in accordance with state law.

Regards-
mreising

Post by mreising »

Go get 'em!
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I hope you copied Deputy Monday.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

pirateguy191 wrote:I hope you copied Deputy Monday.
And maybe even Sergeant Friday, make sure you present "just the facts"