Summit County Renewal- Crosier Street

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Moneypit

Summit County Renewal- Crosier Street

Post by Moneypit »

I am very impressed with the Summit County Sheriff's department on Crosier Street in Akron Ohio. I came in on a busy day to submit my renewal application. The ladies kept everything fair (first come, first served) and seemed to remember everyone by first name. I did get scolded for not notifying the department of my address change (my fault) but not in a harsh way. I also did not have any issue with my name change when I presented my marriage certificate.

Got the call one week after my application to pick up my license, which I did today. All in all these ladies seem to take pride in a job well done.
I have done something wicked yet my heart feels as pure as a lamb.
pirateguy191

Re: Summit County Renewal- Crosier Street

Post by pirateguy191 »

Good experience for Summit County. Maybe they like women better than men? :?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Moneypit

Post by Moneypit »

Lol- Maybe Pirateguy191. But I noticed when I applied that they had stated to other applicants that their turn around time was much better than neighboring counties, They also stated that some counties took applications by appointments which were usually scheduled a month or more after the applicant's request. It just seemed to me that they were trying to provide good service (tell your friends) which is what I experienced when I first applied.

Also- Please note that your CCL in your pocket will set off the metal detector.
I have done something wicked yet my heart feels as pure as a lamb.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Just based on past stories, I have never recommended that any of my students go to Summit County.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
BigV

Post by BigV »

My last renewal in Summit County went very well. My wife's was quick and painless as well.
BigV
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I've been hearing good reports from those I know who have applied in Summit County recently (over the past year) - didn't I hear that there is a new Sheriff in town?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Moneypit wrote:Lol- Maybe Pirateguy191. But I noticed when I applied that they had stated to other applicants that their turn around time was much better than neighboring counties, They also stated that some counties took applications by appointments which were usually scheduled a month or more after the applicant's request. It just seemed to me that they were trying to provide good service (tell your friends) which is what I experienced when I first applied.

Also- Please note that your CCL in your pocket will set off the metal detector.

Please explain?
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY