New application from 3-23-15

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kickz232002

New application from 3-23-15

Post by kickz232002 »

Guess you can't use you're old application anymore had to print a new one out.

Some new questions not sure I need to answer on section iv Bottom of page.

If you're not an alien or immigrant do you have to worry about 13 14 15 and 1 2 3 on bottom of section iv. Just trying to make sure turn app in on Thursday
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: New application from 3-23-15

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Answer 13 & 14.

Skip 15 if you are not an alien.

Skip 1, 2 & 3 if you are not submitting ATF forms for an NFA purchase.
MyWifeSaidYes
kickz232002

Post by kickz232002 »

Thank you sir. That's what I thought. Themaybe bottom three just wasn't making much since to me. Should be good now. Thank you once again
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

When you say "can't use old application", did they not allow you to use it, or are you assuming that because there's a new one...

The reason I'm asking is that we (wife and I) took the training in January, got our pictures taken, filled out applications, and had some life circumstances happen to prevent us from getting to the Sheriff. If we head in tomorrow, will they accept the forms we have?
mreising

Post by mreising »

westsidebestside wrote:When you say "can't use old application", did they not allow you to use it, or are you assuming that because there's a new one...

The reason I'm asking is that we (wife and I) took the training in January, got our pictures taken, filled out applications, and had some life circumstances happen to prevent us from getting to the Sheriff. If we head in tomorrow, will they accept the forms we have?
It may depend on the individual sheriff as to whether they would allow the old application, as we know some offices do things their own way, however there are differences in the forms and you should use the new one. Just download the new one and copy the information over to it, then you'll be good to go tomorrow.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
westsidebestside

mreising wrote:Just download the new one and copy the information over to it, then you'll be good to go tomorrow.
This is the correct answer of course. Just tired and being a little petulant over the absurdity that which form would matter to anyone. Will download and transfer the info. Thanks for the reply.
kickz232002

Post by kickz232002 »

Butler county wants new one. Was just there today turnin mIne in
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

kickz232002 wrote:Butler county wants new one. Was just there today turnin mIne in
Can't say I blame them. The new form has a place to record the NICS response in the "Agency Use" section. On the plus side if the sheriff is requiring the new form then he knows his new obligations.
KingoftheHills

Post by KingoftheHills »

Cuyahoga County wanted the new one and are assuming that you filled out the wrong one. Prove them wrong and come prepared.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Does this new application replace what is referred to as a "Form 4" when applying for a NFA item?
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

gaptrick wrote:Does this new application replace what is referred to as a "Form 4" when applying for a NFA item?
No.

The Form 4 needs to be signed by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in your area. The application allows the sheriff to do a NICS check on you, then requires them to sign the Form 4 if you pass.

Getting some CLEOs to sign Form 4's and other ATF forms has been difficult to impossible in the past.
MyWifeSaidYes
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
gaptrick wrote:Does this new application replace what is referred to as a "Form 4" when applying for a NFA item?
No.

The Form 4 needs to be signed by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in your area. The application allows the sheriff to do a NICS check on you, then requires them to sign the Form 4 if you pass.

Getting some CLEOs to sign Form 4's and other ATF forms has been difficult to impossible in the past.
But no longer. Sheriffs are now required to sign unless the applicant is disallowed. NFA items became much easier to get in some counties.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
westsidebestside

One last follow-up question. I downloaded the form and am filling it out. Am I missing a page or reference to a separate form, or has the application gone from having to provide every address at which you lived since the Earth cooled to nothing but your current address?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

westsidebestside wrote:One last follow-up question. I downloaded the form and am filling it out. Am I missing a page or reference to a separate form, or has the application gone from having to provide every address at which you lived since the Earth cooled to nothing but your current address?
They eliminated it. Prior to now, the application was in the ORC and that was part of it. The AG, being smart, probably saw how useless it was and eliminated it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
westsidebestside

Again, my thanks to everyone here for their help. I'll finally be taking the last step in the process tomorrow.