App appointment scheduling question

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Blackfyre

App appointment scheduling question

Post by Blackfyre »

Hi everyone,

Can I call to make an appointment for a date after my course, even though I haven't taken my course yet? My course is 2/28, and I thought I could at least call ahead in case there's waiting time to schedule.
Blackfyre
First time gun owner
JediSkipdogg

Re: App appointment scheduling question

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Yes you can. They don't need anything when scheduling an apointment so no reason to not call and schedule now.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Blackfyre wrote:Hi everyone,

Can I call to make an appointment for a date after my course, even though I haven't taken my course yet? My course is 2/28, and I thought I could at least call ahead in case there's waiting time to schedule.
What county are you thinking about applying with? Some only do appointments online.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
mreising

Post by mreising »

And the better counties don't require an appointment at all.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Blackfyre

Post by Blackfyre »

I live in Stark County, but am thinking about applying in Wayne since it may go more quickly from what I've read. What are your recommendations?
Blackfyre
First time gun owner
Blackfyre

Post by Blackfyre »

mreising wrote:And the better counties don't require an appointment at all.
Which ones are the better counties?
Blackfyre
First time gun owner
mreising

Post by mreising »

Blackfyre wrote:
mreising wrote:And the better counties don't require an appointment at all.
Which ones are the better counties?
Clermont, around here for one but it won't do you any good up north. Some counties seem to manage fine without requiring appointments while others seem to use the appointment process to "slow" down the process. Warren County down here requires appointments but manages to process the license within one day then, sometimes even on the same day.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.