expired renewal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

grahama2796

expired renewal

Post by grahama2796 »

i think i know the answer but i am still a bit confused about what i need to do. my ccw expired about a year and a half ago and i want to get it back online. do i need a new training certificate sense it is not technically a renewal because it expired or is my old permit enough to get a new permit issued?
thanks
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: expired renewal

Post by Cruiser »

All you need is your expired License and an completed Application.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

You had a valid LICENSE that expired. This IS a renewal. Like Cruiser said, expired LICENSE, application and $50.00.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
grahama2796

Post by grahama2796 »

great. thanks
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

grahama2796, welcome to the forum !!

In case you didn't notice, folks here are a little picky about calling your LICENSE a "permit".

A "permit" is how you get permission to do something that you aren't allowed to do.

A "LICENCE" is a way of regulating something that you are allowed to do. Most folks here do not believe that the opinion of a few judges should overrule a right protected by the highest law in the land, our Constitution.

Also, you have a CHL. A CCW is what you get charged with if you don't have a CHL.

:D
MyWifeSaidYes
eggysvt

Post by eggysvt »

I am in the same situation only mine has been expired for like three years and a destroyed my old license. I still have my old class certificate but would the sheriff just be able to look up that I had one before?
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

eggysvt wrote:I am in the same situation only mine has been expired for like three years and a destroyed my old license. I still have my old class certificate but would the sheriff just be able to look up that I had one before?
Yes, they are able to look up your old license. Whether they will likely depends on their policy. Do they have a FAQ on their website? Why not call your local Sheriff's office or stop in (with the training cert if needed) and ask?
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Cosmos wrote:
eggysvt wrote:I am in the same situation only mine has been expired for like three years and a destroyed my old license. I still have my old class certificate but would the sheriff just be able to look up that I had one before?
Yes, they are able to look up your old license. Whether they will likely depends on their policy. Do they have a FAQ on their website? Why not call your local Sheriff's office or stop in (with the training cert if needed) and ask?
Their policy doesn't override the ORC. If you have your original certificate, you meet the requirement of the law. IANAL.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go down to (F) (1)
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
eggysvt

Post by eggysvt »

Ok thanks for the info will be scheduling an appointment f soon then.
Bandrel

Post by Bandrel »

I had a similar situation a couple weeks ago. The sherrif would not accept my renewal application because of three reasons all of which were based on their policy and not the law.
1. I did not have a copy of the training certificate.
2. The license was expired more than 30 days
3. The license was originally issued from a different county (I've moved to a new non-adjacent county the last five years)

I returned the next day with the certificate but because of number 2 and 3 they refused to process my application as a renewal and required me to pay 67 dollars instead of 50 dollars.

Their response was that this is their policy that they have been enforcing since the beginning. I paid the full 67 dollars and told them I was going to pursue legal action for the refund of the 17 dollars. If anyone has the name of an attorney that would like to take my case send me a PM.