PA non-resident

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Kirkus

PA non-resident

Post by Kirkus »

Anyone here apply recently for a PA non-resident? How long was the turnaround? Crawford County PA told me 2-3 weeks.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: PA non-resident

Post by JustaShooter »

That seems to be pretty typical these days - some go closer to a week, week & a half, others longer. Depends on the county and how busy they are.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Just got mine from Crawford County. Exactly 2 weeks. Very friendly and took about 10 minutes. Well worth the $20.00
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kirkus

Post by Kirkus »

Newcomer wrote:Just got mine from Crawford County. Exactly 2 weeks. Very friendly and took about 10 minutes. Well worth the $20.00
They seemed very nice and I was in/out fast. They told me I was the 6th Ohioan there that day and I was there at 11:45 am.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

I wrote the sheriff a letter after I received mine thanking him and commending the deputy who took care of me.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BobK

Post by BobK »

I am planning on visiting Sheriff Denny Nau of Centre County in early December for my renewal.

Having to leave 70 degree Houston for a December business trip to snowy, cold Harrisburg deserves a side trip.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Mortar34

Post by Mortar34 »

Kirkus wrote:Anyone here apply recently for a PA non-resident? How long was the turnaround? Crawford County PA told me 2-3 weeks.
6 days for me from start to finish in Crawford County about a month ago.
mreising

Post by mreising »

BobK wrote:I am planning on visiting Sheriff Denny Nau of Centre County in early December for my renewal.

Having to leave 70 degree Houston for a December business trip to snowy, cold Harrisburg deserves a side trip.
You should be able to leave with the license in hand. Centre County renewed my son's license after it had been expired for several months due to his being on deployment and he walked out the door with it; took about 15 minutes. I was going thru Centre County in September and stopped in to have them issue an updated photo-card license and, while I had to pay the $20 fee, it counted as a renewal from that date forward, rather than only updating from the expiration date which was a couple years out. Nice place to deal with and I'll probably go back when it's time to renew.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yep. Centre County and Sheriff Nau are great people to deal with. Had to renew my PA non-res last summer. Walked in, paid my fee, did a little paperwork, they took my picture, and walked out about 15 minutes later. New LTC for PA are much nicer. hehe Old one was simply a thin piece of paper they sent to you. On the upside of that though, you didn't have to carry the original. Could photocopy, resize, and laminate it to fit in wallet. The original got locked away for safe keeping. New ones are appropriately sized and laminated.
BobK wrote:I am planning on visiting Sheriff Denny Nau of Centre County in early December for my renewal.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Kirkus

Post by Kirkus »

Mortar34 wrote:
Kirkus wrote:Anyone here apply recently for a PA non-resident? How long was the turnaround? Crawford County PA told me 2-3 weeks.
6 days for me from start to finish in Crawford County about a month ago.
Thanks for the info. Is the CCW card you received laminated? Sounds like different counties have different card styles? Thanks.
Kirkus

Post by Kirkus »

Got mine from Crawford Co. today. 18 day turnaround including Thanksgiving.