Impact of 4511.19(A)(1)(A) of CCW Application

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JP1040

Impact of 4511.19(A)(1)(A) of CCW Application

Post by JP1040 »

Folks, I am new to the board....greatly appreciate your expert feedback on the following - What is the impact of 4511.19(A)(1)(A) M1 OVI - IMPAIRED on the CCW application process? Is this a definite Denial? This incident occurred 2.75 years ago. I am applying in Licking County next week. Thanks for your feedback.

JP1040;
BobK

Re: Impact of 4511.19(A)(1)(A) of CCW Application

Post by BobK »

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

It is not a Misdemeanor Offense of Violence, so under ordinary circumstances it should have no effect on getting a CHL.

I said "ordinary circumstances", because if there is additional evidence of a problem with drugs or alcohol, such as previous OVI convictions, the sheriff could take the position that a person is disqualified from possessing firearms per R.C. 2923.13 Having weapons while under disability, specifically (A)(4): The person is drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or a chronic alcoholic.

That said, since you have a previous history of using alcohol inappropriately, please be aware that using alcohol while carrying concealed can lead to a felony conviction. Adding a firearm moves it out of the misdemeanor class into a whole new world of hurt.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
JP1040

Re: Impact of 4511.19(A)(1)(A) of CCW Application

Post by JP1040 »

BobK, greatly appreciate your response; it helped to put to rest my concern. I also appreciate your guidance....for the record - I no longer indulge. Will keep the board updated on the result of my application. Thanks.