Made a Blooper, HELP!

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

eightiesgod

Made a Blooper, HELP!

Post by eightiesgod »

I recently reapplied for my CCW renewal in Ohio and forgot to add that when I originally applied for my licence 5 years ago I applied and received a permit in Pennsylvania 1 month later too. This is like the last question on the form. It was stuck away in my wallet and I never really go to PA and it simply slipped my mind. As of late I have been quite sick and trying to get my affairs in order. It was actually difficult to even go to the Sheriff's office

I feel completely stupid and I am obviously going to contact the sheriff's office to fix this; it was only 2 days ago. Has anyone else done something similar and what was your outcome?

I hope all goes well. TIA :?
SMMAssociates

Re: Made a Blooper, HELP!

Post by SMMAssociates »

eightiesgod:

I guess you could call them, but it shouldn't matter. What they are really looking for is the guy "shopping" for a Sheriff that'll issue a license where others might not.

Hope your health improves!

I was rustling through my paperwork about a month ago, and realized that my driver's license expired on one day the following week, and my PA CHL expired the next day....

NBD to get to the Registrar and take care of the DL, but getting to New Castle got me there on the next was interesting. No problems with the Sheriff, but they treat a renewal from another county as a NEW application in Lawrence County, and that takes a couple weeks. I had to drive home without the license....

(Now, if we could agree as to whether the thing expired that morning - midnight or 0300 are common "times" - or that night, I might have ignored the rear-view mirror :D.)

My GPS took me through places I'd never known existed outside of New Castle. I'm sure they're patrolled, but maybe once a year? :)

The gal at the County told me to figure about three weeks. More or less right on....

BTW, you do know that you have to go "in person" to PA now, and pick a County that'll issue non-resident licenses. Lawrence County also requires references from INSIDE their county. Some don't care, and some seem to want at least one "local". They actually called my references. No disrespect to Denny Nau at Centre County, but I think they issue the license if the check clears :D....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Made a Blooper, HELP!

Post by JustaShooter »

SMMAssociates wrote:BTW, you do know that you have to go "in person" to PA now, and pick a County that'll issue non-resident licenses. Lawrence County also requires references from INSIDE their county. Some don't care, and some seem to want at least one "local". They actually called my references. No disrespect to Denny Nau at Centre County, but I think they issue the license if the check clears :D....
eightiesgod,

To follow on with the above, these days if you don't have PA / same county references, your best bets are Erie Co., Butler Co., or Crawford Co. (Meadville). All are close to the OH - PA border, will issue to non-residents, and accept out-of-state references.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!