STARK COUNTY ISSUED LICENSES 2013

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

STARK COUNTY ISSUED LICENSES 2013

Post by pirateguy191 »

Some licenses are invalid and need to be re-issued.

http://www.wnir.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=91651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
pirateguy191

Re: STARK COUNTY ISSUED LICENSES 2013

Post by pirateguy191 »

Slightly more info here.

http://www.cantonrep.com/article/201311 ... /131129743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Kudos to the new Sheriff on how this is being handled:
... new concealed carry permits will be mailed at no additional cost to the permit holder.
"The simplest thing to do was to issue them new permits and put their minds at ease," Darrow said. He added that no permit holders will be arrested or charged due to an invalid license.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

I wouldn't give kudos to any of them. The Democratic party in this county had a treasurer whose unqualified, handpicked crony embezzled 2.9 million and supposedly gambled it away. Problem is much of it was in local poker game among the democrat elite, none of whom questioned the large sums of cash he was losing to them. Then they embark on a sad half-baked effort to fire him that ended up wasting hundreds of thousands of county AND the fired treasurer's legal fees. I believe for a period of time we had both a duly elected treasurer and a court reinstated treasurer, both of whom had to be paid.

Then they follow up with this circus in the Sheriff's office with yet another trip to the Ohio Supreme Court on the taxpayer's dime. Now their looking at filing a lawsuit to collect back pay (this is a loser, Ohio law and common law in general is pretty clear that no matter how incompetently performed, a person who is hired (properly or not) and performs (basically to a standard of being present) is entitled for their pay. Matter of fact, don't withhold his last paycheck. To boot, they are fighting over whether to rehire him (because he was taken out for not being a full time peace office in the last 4 years, but he was sheriff for eight months, which is a full time peace officer). The Democratic Committee is looking to vote with him as a candidate and the Sheriff is suing again to stop that. Sheriff's Swanson's real beef? They snubbed his hand-picked successor. This whole thing stinks and they need to call an emergency election.

BTW, my license is signed by Maier. Lovely feeling. Although the prosecutor has said nobody will be prosecuted for an invalid license if they are carrying a Maier signed license.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.