1st Renewal Geauga Cty.

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jose45

1st Renewal Geauga Cty.

Post by jose45 »

Well,went for my first renewal today.Hard to believe it's been 5 years.Was in and out in 15mins.or so.Pretty painless.Now the waiting begins.I'm hoping things go quicker than they did when I first applied.Took 60 days.Still haven't figured out why.I have assumed it was because I did a lot of moving around in my younger days.My liscense expires 11/15.The ofcr.said could be 3 days,could be 2weeks.

I'll post back when I get the pu call.

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the fine members here who have helped with my continuing education regarding concealed carry and all things CHL related.You folks have definitely made me a safer more knowledgable CHL holder.Still stop in everyday to get the latest.Keep up the good work. :D

BTW: Think I spied a OFCC t-shirt coming out as I was going in.Anybody there today 11/5 at 10:00am? 8)
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
jose45

Re: 1st Renewal Geauga Cty.

Post by jose45 »

Well,my CHL expires today. :cry: 10 days in and still waiting.Guess I should have applied earlier.Poor planning on my part.
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

jose45 wrote:Well,my CHL expires today. :cry: 10 days in and still waiting.Guess I should have applied earlier.Poor planning on my part.
You're good 30 days after the expiration date. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
jose45

Post by jose45 »

pirateguy191 wrote:
jose45 wrote:Well,my CHL expires today. :cry: 10 days in and still waiting.Guess I should have applied earlier.Poor planning on my part.
That's what I thought.I specifically asked the deputy about this when I applied for my renewal and was told,nope can't carry after the expiration date.Wasup with that?
jose45

Post by jose45 »

[/u]Thanks PG,looks like I'm covered under ORC 2923.126(A)

2923.126 [Effective Until 1/1/2014] Duties of licensed individual.

(A) A concealed handgun license that is issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code shall expire five years after the date of issuance.has been issued a A licensee who icense under that section shall be granted a grace period of thirty days after the licensee's license expires during which the licensee's license remains valid. Except as provided in divisions (B) and (C) of this section, a licensee who has been issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code may carry a concealed handgun anywhere in this state if the licensee also carries a valid license and valid identification when the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed handgun. The licensee shall give notice of any change in the licensee's residence address to the sheriff who issued the license within forty-five days after that change.

Looks like I'll have to have a chat with the Deputy that gave me the bad information when I get the call.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

My renewal took almost two weeks, that was last month.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

jose45 wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:
That's what I thought.I specifically asked the deputy about this when I applied for my renewal and was told,nope can't carry after the expiration date.Wasup with that?
Never ask a LEO for information on the law! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!