Madison County, OH: 1-week on 1st renewal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Madison County, OH: 1-week on 1st renewal

Post by Sevens »

...and I do mean, precisely, one week.

I drove out to London (west of Columbus) because a buddy of mine had been looking at different counties to do his first CHL application and Madison County took walk-ins during relatively normal hours and didn't require (nor accept) appointments. So while I live in Franklin County, and Franklin has a fine reputation for a lightning-fast turn around for CHL issuance, Franklin County also requires an appointment... and last I heard, they book 'em about a month out.

So I called Madison County first (always a good idea, I think) and yep, all was well, just show up between 9am and 3:30 pm with my application already filled out and payment. (they don't accept personal check) I simply used cash.

This was my first renewal, and my original CHL actually happened to expire on the very day I was at the Madison County Sheriff to apply for renewal. She took my app, took my $50 and did my fingerprints. Quick and easy, I wasn't there all that long. She told me "okay, we'll call you in 2 or 3 weeks" and I thanked her and left.

They called me one week later, right down to the hour. I left that office on Tuesday, September 24th around 3 pm... and they called me the following Tuesday at 2:48 pm. :lol:

Given this experience, I have to give Madison County a hearty recommendation for new or renewal if you live in Madison or any county that touches it.
Thumbs up!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
lhartman89

Re: Madison County, OH: 1-week on 1st renewal

Post by lhartman89 »

I know this is an older thread, but I figured I would post my experience. I went to Madison county to apply for my CHL on Dec. 9th and was in and out in about 15 minutes. They told me it would be 2-3 weeks and I should get a call. Well I got a call on the 17th that it was approved. So it only took 6 days from the day I dropped off my application. I went in and got my picture taken and they printed out my CHL card. I was in and out in about 10-15 minutes. I live in Franklin county and had heard that Madison didn't require appointments so that is why I decided to go with them. It was about an 45 minute drive for me but well worth it. I just wanted to share my experience as I thought it was quick and easy.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Congratulations and welcome to the forums. Consider adding a general location to your profile as that sometimes helps if you have questions in the future.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

I originally went to Madison county (London) for the convenience of their no-appointment-necessary (an easy fix for perpetually late!). Good to hear that they are still upholding that... and Hello and Welcome to the new poster!
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe