Can I apply?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: Can I apply?

Post by pirateguy191 »

Stryker74 wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:
Cheerio wrote:I don't feel the need to point fingers. Obviously there was an error made, I will deal with it. Thank you for your input.
If we new the area you are from, we could recommend a good instructor for you.
+1

There are a lot of good instructors on this forum. You should check out the Ohio Firearm Training Classes section for some ideas.
That is a good resource but some of us choose not to advertise. I tend to do small classes for friends and friends of friends.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I didn't know you had that many friends, friend... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Cheerio

Post by Cheerio »

mreising wrote:It is helpful to update your profile information to include at least a general location, e.g., county.
I don't feel comfortable sharing that information online.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Cheerio wrote:
mreising wrote:It is helpful to update your profile information to include at least a general location, e.g., county.
I think that's why he said county. All the counties are pretty big in Ohio so it's not easy finding someone based off the most common cereal name and a county they say they live in. The county helps us recommend a concealed carry instructor that is close to you along with where to apply for your license when the time approaches. Some counties take much longer than others.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Cheerio wrote:
<---------- Take a look at mine. (Hopefully my arrow is pointing in the proper direction.) Not that specific but narrows it down. Perhaps most helpful in the For Sale sections, but useful for other discussions that occur here.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Cheerio

Post by Cheerio »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
Cheerio wrote:
I think that's why he said county. All the counties are pretty big in Ohio so it's not easy finding someone based off the most common cereal name and a county they say they live in. The county helps us recommend a concealed carry instructor that is close to you along with where to apply for your license when the time approaches. Some counties take much longer than others.
As a young female who lives alone I think one can never be too safe.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Cheerio wrote:As a young female who lives alone I think one can never be too safe.
While a VERY valid point, I must confess, if you're concerned about us, why bother to join? Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier, but one could have gotten the answer to your original question by searching the ORC, calling the local Sheriff's Dept and asking, or going to the OH AG's website, yet you chose to come here for the collective advice. That says you valued the collective advice you could receive here, and thought well enough of us to ask. I would say, if you are not comfortable sharing your county, perhaps something as innocuous as the general region? SW, NW, NE, SE, etc.? While I cannot speak for others, I don't particularly care where you live, but it does make answering certain questions easier. If you don't intend to ask anymore questions, then I guess it doesn't matter. Just my $0.02, no offense intended.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
Cheerio

Post by Cheerio »

JustJack wrote:
Cheerio wrote:As a young female who lives alone I think one can never be too safe.
While a VERY valid point, I must confess, if you're concerned about us, why bother to join? Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier, but one could have gotten the answer to your original question by searching the ORC, calling the local Sheriff's Dept and asking, or going to the OH AG's website, yet you chose to come here for the collective advice. That says you valued the collective advice you could receive here, and thought well enough of us to ask. I would say, if you are not comfortable sharing your county, perhaps something as innocuous as the general region? SW, NW, NE, SE, etc.? While I cannot speak for others, I don't particularly care where you live, but it does make answering certain questions easier. If you don't intend to ask anymore questions, then I guess it doesn't matter. Just my $0.02, no offense intended.
None taken, I do value the advice and enjoy reading what others share on here. To be honest I don't live in the same place for more than a few months at a time. I do live in Ohio for the majority of the year but change cities I also spend a few months out of state. I don't consider any place "home". So not only do I not feel completely comfortable answering the question at this time, I am also not sure of the answer.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

We do have female members and Coordinators on this forum... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Cheerio wrote:To be honest I don't live in the same place for more than a few months at a time. I do live in Ohio for the majority of the year but change cities I also spend a few months out of state. I don't consider any place "home". So not only do I not feel completely comfortable answering the question at this time, I am also not sure of the answer.
Just a quick note: this might make your application just a wee bit more difficult than most. Hopefully, Ohio residency won't be a question you have to fight through.

Btw, I have daughters your age and I appreciate a cautious approach. I would suggest that the illusion of anonymity provided by the internet is entirely that, which is why I don't bother feeding the lie.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Cheerio

Post by Cheerio »

jabeatty wrote:
Cheerio wrote:To be honest I don't live in the same place for more than a few months at a time. I do live in Ohio for the majority of the year but change cities I also spend a few months out of state. I don't consider any place "home". So not only do I not feel completely comfortable answering the question at this time, I am also not sure of the answer.
Just a quick note: this might make your application just a wee bit more difficult than most. Hopefully, Ohio residency won't be a question you have to fight through.

Btw, I have daughters your age and I appreciate a cautious approach. I would suggest that the illusion of anonymity provided by the internet is entirely that, which is why I don't bother feeding the lie.
Well at the end of this year I will have spent 8 months in Ohio (between 3 cities), 3 months in Vermont, and a month in Florida. I don't foresee it being an issue but hadn't put much thought into it. I was born and raised here.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Cheerio wrote:Well at the end of this year I will have spent 8 months in Ohio (between 3 cities), 3 months in Vermont, and a month in Florida. I don't foresee it being an issue but hadn't put much thought into it. I was born and raised here.
The only issue I could see, is this:
ORC 2923.125(D)(1)
(a) The applicant is legally living in the United States, has been a resident of this state for at least forty-five days, and has been a resident of the county in which the person seeks the license or a county adjacent to the county in which the person seeks the license for at least thirty days.
I note it does not state 'consecutive' days, but I believe that is the intent. I could be wrong, happens all the time.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
Cheerio

Post by Cheerio »

JustJack wrote:
Cheerio wrote:Well at the end of this year I will have spent 8 months in Ohio (between 3 cities), 3 months in Vermont, and a month in Florida. I don't foresee it being an issue but hadn't put much thought into it. I was born and raised here.
The only issue I could see, is this:
ORC 2923.125(D)(1)
(a) The applicant is legally living in the United States, has been a resident of this state for at least forty-five days, and has been a resident of the county in which the person seeks the license or a county adjacent to the county in which the person seeks the license for at least thirty days.
I note it does not state 'consecutive' days, but I believe that is the intent. I could be wrong, happens all the time.
I have an apartment in a particular county in which I primarily reside.