Ashland County - less than 5 years...

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BriKuz

Ashland County - less than 5 years...

Post by BriKuz »

Ugh... Apps in on the 28th of August... still waiting... I wonder if it's Stark or Wayne county holding us up more than Maricopa County in Arizona?!?!?
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Ashland County - less than 5 years...

Post by Morne »

BriKuz wrote:Ugh... Apps in on the 28th of August... still waiting... I wonder if it's Stark or Wayne county holding us up more than Maricopa County in Arizona?!?!?
Hey now! Wayne is fairly quick in processing.

Sorry to hear about the delay, though. I can sympathize.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

BriKuz wrote:Ugh... Apps in on the 28th of August... still waiting... I wonder if it's Stark or Wayne county holding us up more than Maricopa County in Arizona?!?!?
Did you say that lived in a tent for a while in Arizona? :P
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Hmmm... are there Wayne County types PURPOSELY holding up my app simply so that J and I HAVE to OC and start trouble for a few more weeks?!?!?!?! :shock:
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Werz wrote:
I didn't even get that till just now... no, I did NOT live in a tent, and my underwear has never been pink! :lol:

Day 33... still waiting... ugh!
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

BriKuz wrote:
Werz wrote:
I didn't even get that till just now... no, I did NOT live in a tent, and my underwear has never been pink! :lol:

Day 33... still waiting... ugh!

What's wrong with pink underwear? Makes it easier to know which ones are mine.

Truth is, you are probably being held up by the fed background check. They don't like Sheriff Joe so much! :twisted:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Yeah, but Ashland said they've been getting them back from AZ fairly quickly...
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

So, what happens if we DON'T have our CHLs issued by day 45 after submitting our applications?
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Nothing, unless you file a case against the sherriff.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Yeah, writ of mandamus... Part of me wants to file it next Monday if we don't get the call... but we still have a week... I'm just SO tired of having to load and unload every time I get out and in the car!
Janae

Post by Janae »

Yay! We got our CHLs today! Brian went to the Sheriff's office at lunch, and they said they weren't ready, that they would get to them when they got to them. brian asked how to file a writ of mandumus??? and a deputy came out to talk to him. The deputy said he was going to try to get it, and he got it done in a couple of hours! Now we can go with everyone into bars after walks (even if we can't drink)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Janae wrote:Yay! We got our CHLs today! Brian went to the Sheriff's office at lunch, and they said they weren't ready, that they would get to them when they got to them. brian asked how to file a writ of mandumus??? and a deputy came out to talk to him.
That is awesome! Nothing like a little selectively applied pressure to get results. I see he has learned from his interactions with the various political subdivisions on his 9.68 work! :wink:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!