NH non - res permit

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MDM

NH non - res permit

Post by MDM »

Didn`t OH have reciprocity with NH at one time ? If so what happened because we don`t now. Does this mean my NH non - res permit is long valid. I read that after Oct 15, 2013 you will have to reside in a state NH honors to receive a non-res permit.
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: NH non - res permit

Post by JustaShooter »

From handgunlaw.us:
Beginning October 15, 2013 new Administrative Rules go into effect. You must have a permit/license from your state of residence or your state must have reciprocity with New Hampshire to obtain a NH Non-Resident Permit/License. Those from Permitless Carry states can obtain a NH Non-Resident Permit/License.
The new Administrative Rules are below.
Saf-C 2101.02
Applicability.
These rules shall not apply to nonresidents from a state which provides reciprocity privileges, pursuant to RSA 159:6-d.
Saf-C 2102.03 License Required.
(a)
For the purposes of this section, “resident state license” means a license to carry a pistol or revolver concealed in the state where the applicant resides.
(b)
No nonresident license shall be issued unless the applicant provides a copy of the applicant’s resident state license, or unless the applicant displays, for verification a resident state license.
So, as long as you are an OH resident and have a valid OH CHL you should be fine. Actually, the way I read it, you only have to be an OH resident and have a valid OH CHL at the time you apply for the NH non-resident license, but I wouldn't want to be the test case...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

When? I'm looking at info dated back to 2008 and don't show Ohio and New Hampshire as having reciprocity.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

When NH raised the license fee to $125 (give or take) I let mine expire.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Jake wrote:When NH raised the license fee to $125 (give or take) I let mine expire.
Ditto. It's not worth the cost anymore.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

JustaShooter wrote:So, as long as you are an OH resident and have a valid OH CHL you should be fine.
^^^
This. The new rules exempt residents of states which have reciprocity with NH. Ohio doesn't, so the new rules apply to us.

Saf-C 2102.03(b) states that "No nonresident license shall be issued unless the applicant provides a copy of the applicant’s resident state license, or unless the applicant displays, for verification, a resident state license." This rule applies to Ohioans, since OH and NH don't have reciprocity.

So all this means is that Ohioans must have an Ohio CHL.
mreising

Post by mreising »

I don't think this isn't much of a change. As I remember when I originally applied, you had to have a license from your state of residence in order to get a non-res NH license. My NH renewal took place just before the price went up to $100, and my PA renewal took place just before the law changed to require applications in person. My second renewals of both will require some thought.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
mrjam2jab

Post by mrjam2jab »

mreising wrote:I don't think this isn't much of a change. As I remember when I originally applied, you had to have a license from your state of residence in order to get a non-res NH license.

You could have had a permit from your home state or any other state.

See page 2 here
mreising

Post by mreising »

mrjam2jab wrote:
mreising wrote:I don't think this isn't much of a change. As I remember when I originally applied, you had to have a license from your state of residence in order to get a non-res NH license.

You could have had a permit from your home state or any other state.

See page 2 here
I'll try to find my original application form that predates the one in your link, I think it required a license from your state, if it issued one.

Maybe not, it's really a moot point anyway because the law now is what matters.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.