Mahoning County!!

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Kevin T

Mahoning County!!

Post by Kevin T »

I know there was a lot of talk previously about how bad Mahoning County was for processing CCW but I went yesterday about 2pm and completed the application process...Original course completion certificate, DL, SS Card, passport photo with receipt, and $67. Scanned my fingerprints. Got a call today at 8:45 am that I could pick up my card anytime between 9-3 M-F. Went an hour later and took my picture and captured my signature and got my card...IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!! Whole experience was very cordial and positive. Staff was extremely helpful and polite.

On another note...Went over to Lawrence County and applied for my Pennsylvania permit. Staff gave me the application and said to complete and there was a $20 fee and they needed my DL and my Ohio permit. Completed that and paid my money, took my picture, and said I should get it in the mail in about a month. Pretty painless and again, very very easy.

Overall great experiences. :)
CitizenTyrant

Re: Mahoning County!!

Post by CitizenTyrant »

that bad stuff was from the wellington days. now that the new sheriff is in town, i heard he is way pro gun. i met him once with a small group of people, he seemed down to earth, but the subject of this stance on firearms never came up. I'm going to renew mine there in January. I went to Trumbull last time in 09 and there was a bit of an influx at the time and it took about 35 days from the first time i went to give them my paperwork.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Appears to be a trend, and a good one at that! Would sure enjoy meeting the new Sheriff...
SigArms P239-SAS .40 S&W/357 SIG, Sig Mosquito, Taurus 651 .357 Mag., Remington 700 in .308, Remington 870/12 & 1100/12, Marlin 25N .22LR, Barnett Quad-300, Pearson Buckmaster

Post by cptmack »

Thanks for the info about Lawrence County, PA too. My PA license from Centre County expired. Now I know where to go.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I have one more year on my Pennsylvania License. Sure hope they go back to "by mail" by then, but I will not be holding my breath...
SigArms P239-SAS .40 S&W/357 SIG, Sig Mosquito, Taurus 651 .357 Mag., Remington 700 in .308, Remington 870/12 & 1100/12, Marlin 25N .22LR, Barnett Quad-300, Pearson Buckmaster
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Gonzo wrote:I have one more year on my Pennsylvania License. Sure hope they go back to "by mail" by then, but I will not be holding my breath...
Seems unlikely since part of the in-person application process is taking a picture for the license...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I'm sure your right...