NEWBE JUST APPLIED FREAKING OUT HELP MY??'S

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

towade

NEWBE JUST APPLIED FREAKING OUT HELP MY??'S

Post by towade »

Hi I just applied for my ccw, and I forgot 2 or 3 years ago my wife got a possession charge, will this stop my ccw??? I already spent close to 250.00 :( Any insight while I wait for the sheriff to drop the hammer on me maybe, I don't know, I own a mobile home repair business, yea I work in the TRAILERHOOD as my guys call them yea them, multiple hoods, some darker than others, I am by no means judgmental or prejudiced just saying why I applied. Thanks any input would be great.
nu3gawhat
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: NEWBE JUST APPLIED FREAKING OUT HELP MY??'S

Post by nu3gawhat »

No. Only your background is relevant.
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Post by ATGglobal »

Though I am not a pro at this by any means, your background check is YOUR background check. There shouldn't be anything that comes up on your wife by them running you through the system. The other thing to keep in mind was the possession charge simply that? Was she convicted or was she just charged and then nothing more from that. . If she was convicted then you may want to see if the charge was a felony that qualifies as a firearm restriction. If she was charged with no conviction then there wouldn't be any reason to worry. I see you're fairly new to the forum so welcome. I know there will be others more versed in these things than I am that would be more than willing to help out as well.
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
towade

Post by towade »

nu3gawhat wrote:No. Only your background is relevant.
Thanks nu3gawhat for the quick reply, I own a mobile home biz and in some shaddy places, my small rural town is always in the paper for B and e, I have a large lab that seems to deter pretty well but I want protection ALL THE TIME. Thanks.
towade

Post by towade »

ATGglobal wrote:Though I am not a pro at this by any means, your background check is YOUR background check. There shouldn't be anything that comes up on your wife by them running you through the system. The other thing to keep in mind was the possession charge simply that? Was she convicted or was she just charged and then nothing more from that. . If she was convicted then you may want to see if the charge was a felony that qualifies as a firearm restriction. If she was charged with no conviction then there wouldn't be any reason to worry. I see you're fairly new to the forum so welcome. I know there will be others more versed in these things than I am that would be more than willing to help out as well.

Thanks ATGglobal for the response, no jail. Court, fine, lost licence 2 years the wife that is what happened, Thanks again.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Was this for an Ohio Concealed Handgun Licence or a New York City Pistol permit.

Only you're record can be held against you... You can't be held responsible for what others, relatives, friends, political representatives do only you.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK