Hamilton County improvements?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Hamilton County improvements?

Post by Brian D. »

Couple days ago I was talking to a HamCo sheriff's deputy pal. He stated that the new sheriff is definitely going to open up one or more new satellite offices specifically for concealed carry license issuance and renewal. (There was a news blurb back in April or so where it was reported that they were considering this action.)

According to my friend the first one is up and running, out at the sheriff's facility on Hamilton Ave., that would be on the northwest side of the county. I haven't confirmed this yet, guess I could take a peek at their website.

in any event this is good news, dealing with parking at the main facilty in downtown Cincinnati was never enjoyable.

If anybody has more info please feel free to pass it along on this thread. If/When I have anything to share I'll put it on here too. 8)

Oh and by the way, this conversation took place in northern Kentucky. So, no, I didn't have to "notify" my deputy buddy during the discussion! :lol:
Last edited by Brian D. on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Re: Hamilton County improvements?

Post by Brian D. »

Hmm, nothing on the HCSO website about new CHL offices, yet. Stay tuned...and like I said, feel free to chime in if you have additional info.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

All I have is I have heard the same thing. They are trying to get some of the backlog at HCJC down and are creating a satellite office at the Hamilton County office. Unfortunately, I have no date of when it's suppose to go into effect.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
TS04

Post by TS04 »

Hamilton County has never handled this well. In the first year of CHLs their website said something like this;

"You must call THIS number ONLY to make an appointment to apply for your CHL."

So I call that number and it goes right to a voicemail greeting that said something like this;

"You must have an appointment to apply for a CHL. This number is not set up to take messages."

So an appointment was required and a mechanism set up so you could not make an appointment. :lol: