BCI check

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bradalucas

BCI check

Post by bradalucas »

Applied for a new permit about 35 days ago had called to check on application and they said waiting for BCI to confirm a very minor infraction i had shortly after turning 18. Arrest was 14 years ago and no arrests since . I had been charged with unauthorized of private property. The sheriff told me they had to confirm this was not a disqualifying crime. Sorta confused since it was not a felony,violent or drug related offense.
jburtonpdx

Re: BCI check

Post by jburtonpdx »

what county are you applying in?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.
bradalucas

Post by bradalucas »

Madison county but live in Columbus area
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

There are several factors that could make Unauthorized use of property a felony (see 2913.04(F) and (G)). They're probably checking on those.
bradalucas

Post by bradalucas »

Its clearly posted in the records it was not a felony count.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:There are several factors that could make Unauthorized use of property a felony (see 2913.04(F) and (G)). They're probably checking on those.
That's my guess and unfortunately BCI reports don't always list what level the charge was.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
bradalucas

Post by bradalucas »

Oh ok i see i was confused if i look up the offense on court site it lists level of charge
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

bradalucas wrote:Oh ok i see i was confused if i look up the offense on court site it lists level of charge
Old charges are notorious for not including the proper info. I think all new charges now have level listed, such as "Assault - Felony" but that's assuming the officer enters the information correctly.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
bradalucas

Post by bradalucas »

They called BCI came back all is well thanks everyone