Montgomery County Wait Times

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

lemmypenn66

Montgomery County Wait Times

Post by lemmypenn66 »

Live in Warren County, but their scheduled appts were not available until July.. Went to Montgomery County, because of walk-ins.. Submitted fingerprints, application etc on March 22nd, and am now on day 54 with no word back.. I know their busy. Made a phone call today, and had to leave a voicemail, and as of now no return call...Even emailed Mike Dewine's office.. They called back, and said there is nothing they can do to the Sheriff's office.. So much for the law I guess... Any one else have an extremely long wait in Montgomery County?
mreising

Re: Montgomery County Wait Times

Post by mreising »

If you are free to go up there, make another trip and ask for your license as it has been over 45 days, of course they will have an excuse such as 45 business days (that's not what the law says) or some other excuse. Unless you want to pursue court action you are pretty much at the mercy of the sheriff. Let's hope future law revisions put some enforcement teeth in the law for the 45 day limit.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

I turned in my RENEWAL on March 28th and I'm ticked as hell. It has been 46 days today. It is complete and utter BS I don't care how busy they are. I went to Mont Co also because of the walk in.(I'm in Butler) My license expired on 4/24/13. I'm 40 minutes away and I am going up there at some point this week if I don't hear from them. I have a friend in Warren Co who walked in at Clermont Co on 4/25/13 for his initial license. On May 10 he picked his up. 2 weeks 1 day.

What number did you call for Mont Co? The only number I see is nothing but press 1 for this and 2 for that and don't call us we'll call you. No option to even leave a voice mail.
NRA Endowment Life Member
http://www.assaultweapon.info
lemmypenn66

Post by lemmypenn66 »

I called this morning, and was transfered to the CCW department..The number was 937-225-4357.. They told me the direct number, but am at work, and its on my desk at home.. Will post it later..I got voicemail for Deputy Jerome, and left a message, but no return call..May just email the Sheriff directly..His email is plummerp@mcohiosheriff.org..
lemmypenn66

Post by lemmypenn66 »

I originally called 937225-4357 and they transferred me to the CCW department.. That number is 937225-5005, and rang several times and went to voicemail...I even emailed the Sheriff, and got a return email with an updated email address of plummerp@mcohio.org... Will try another phone call tomorrow.. I think if they can't meet the 45 day law, that means nothing, then they should give our money back and the permit...
lemmypenn66

Post by lemmypenn66 »

Just went to the MCSO, since it is 24/7 for CCW pickup, and it's still not there... FRUSTRATED!!!
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

Thanks for the info.
NRA Endowment Life Member
http://www.assaultweapon.info
lemmypenn66

Post by lemmypenn66 »

I received this email today.. Look!!! 45 "business days" which is not correct, but really whats the point of arguing.. They obviously make there own rules...

Your email has reached the right person. I checked your application and it appears you applied on 03-22-2013. The process requires 45 business days, thus you are on day 39 today.

I found your application in the stack to be printed up today so you will be receiving a call soon. The phone calls have not be returned as we get nearly 50 calls a day of people calling about the card being ready. We can not process cards and return all the calls and be successful in getting the cards out in a timely manner.

During the last week the CCW application Deputy has been out of commission for two days do to construction, a day for new software installation to increase the speed of processing and sick leave. With all this said we are still within the 45 business days.

Expect a call within a day or two for pickup.

Montgomery County Sheriff Office
Sergeant M.D.Hutchison #138
Office: 937-225-6499
Cellph: 937-479-4656
Dispat: 937-225-435
JN01

Post by JN01 »

So I guess the next step is that they could claim that they have a deputy working on applications one day a week, then 45 "working days" is what- like 11 months? I don't think so. This sucks.