Will i be Denied ccw permit with old Assault charge?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Hk45uspc

Will i be Denied ccw permit with old Assault charge?

Post by Hk45uspc »

I'm new to the forum and wanting to get my ccw permit. I'm sure this question has been asked before but i couldn't find anything on it. 7 years ago this June i was charged with Assault physical harm knowingly Misdemeanor 1, so how should i answer questions # 9 and 10 on the form? I know to answer them truthfully or it would be perjury. Basically will i be denied the permit for having the previous charge from 7 years ago?

Thanks.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Will i be Denied ccw permit with old Assault charge?

Post by cashman966 »

You say you were charged, were you convicted as well?

If you were convicted you would answer yes to number 9 and since the conviction was more than 3 years ago, you would answer no to number 9.

If you were charged but never convicted, you would answer no to both.

Either way if this is the only item on your record and it is not domestic violence in nature, it would not be a reason for a denial.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Answer truthfully and you'll be fine.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Hk45uspc

Post by Hk45uspc »

Thanks, Im not sure if i was convicted but i would say i was considering i did jail time for it and was on probation and such. When i look it up in the records it says "Disposition- Not guilty Plea" that is all i see. The only other thing i have had was a DUI . Of course this was all when i was young and stupid :)