Go Figure

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Hatrix

Go Figure

Post by Hatrix »

After all the worrying I did and stress I put up with this past week over a childhood incident, and the hassle of driving down to the Juvi Clerk Of Courts to sort everything out...

The day finally came. I get up nice and early and drive 40 minutes to Geauga County. I'm there at 7:30, there's already 15 people ahead of me. No big deal I don't mind the wait. At 5 minutes to 8 a Deputy walks out and asks who all is there for their CHL, and we all raise our hands. Then he gives us the bad news that the fingerprint computers are down. Apparently their server or something is down in Columbus and he informs us they will not be able to process any new CHL's today and everyone can go home.

Now I have the choice of either taking off work Tuesday, waiting til next Saturday and hoping there isn't another server malfunction, or waiting until the middle of June for the appointment in Cuyahoga.

I'm beginning to think it's just not meant to be :cry:
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Re: Go Figure

Post by ATGglobal »

Keep your head up. Glitches do happen unfortunately. We've all experienced some issues when going for our CHL's. You do have several options just be patient and you'll soon be walking out with your license.
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
fbirdformula

Post by fbirdformula »

go to a neighboring county
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

If the Columbus server is down, it does not matter what county you try. Geauga is very CHL friendly, so if they can't take an application, neither will anyone else!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Call around Counties, maybe they are up?
Abandon ye all HOPE!