SUMMIT County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Fonejack54

SUMMIT County

Post by Fonejack54 »

Went to Summit County this morning for 2nd renewal. Got there about 7:40 and only had 5 guys ahead of me. I anticipated 20 or 30 people so I was happy. Officer Mundy was very friendly and the process was fast and efficient. Said they would call in two or three weeks.
I ask her if things got worse after March 27 and she said things have been crazy since January.
'The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!'" Eleanor Roosevelt

"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain" Apostle Paul
spike79

Re: SUMMIT County

Post by spike79 »

I was there on the 1st, and had about 1 1/2 hour wait. Very nice once I got to the window. Have no clue what the time frame is though?
polizi212

Post by polizi212 »

Figure about 14 to 20 days that's about what they were averaging back in Jan when Me and my Uncle got ours from Summit County!
spike79

Post by spike79 »

Thanks for the feedback. Thats what I was kidna figuring but wasn't sure.
spike79

Post by spike79 »

Thanks for the info.
BigV

Post by BigV »

spike79 wrote:I was there on the 1st, and had about 1 1/2 hour wait. Very nice once I got to the window. Have no clue what the time frame is though?
I arrive at the Summit County Jail at 8:15 am on 4/8 and there were at least 25 people ahead of me. I waited for an hour and a half to turn in my application for the second renewal. They had 2 people taking applications and entering information into the computer. Deputy Mundy was handling the distribution of approved licenses.

There were lots of folks filling out applications while they were there and many did not have training certs, or passport photos with them only to get rejected at the window.

Slow and painful process.
BigV
polizi212

Post by polizi212 »

When I dropped my application off I was able to walk right up to the window no waiting! When I was called to go pick up my License Again there was no waiting.
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

I went in around 2/1/13 and got mine in 7 days. I walked in there around 1:30 and could not get through the metal detector even with every last metal item removed...they finally used the wand on me and said I was good to go. Well getting in took longer than the rest of this adventure as no one else was ahead of me. I was out of there in minutes.

When I came back a week later to pick it up I had the same fun at the metal detector and with no one ahead of me again (around 3 o'clock) I was out of there in minutes. Unfortunately on the way down the elevator I noticed they messed up my birthday so I had to go back up. They are pretty robotic the way they treat people with no smiles or small talk but finally they started joking with me how much trouble I was in for not catching it when it was handed to me and that the lady who printed it out would not like having to do it twice and would most likely scream at me (thought she was serious at first :shock: ), that took less than a minute and I was on my way :D
Nothing to see here...move along.
spike79

Post by spike79 »

Wow 7 days! I'm on 18 and counting.
fireball

Post by fireball »

Second renewal 19 days till I got it.
BigV

Post by BigV »

fireball wrote:Second renewal 19 days till I got it.
I am on day 15 for my second renewal...
Seems it shouldn't take this long.
BigV
spike79

Post by spike79 »

Day 25 still not a call. Getting a little anxious :shock:
polizi212

Post by polizi212 »

spike79 wrote:Day 25 still not a call. Getting a little anxious :shock:
be patient good things come to those that wait!!!
spike79

Post by spike79 »

polizi212 wrote:
spike79 wrote:Day 25 still not a call. Getting a little anxious :shock:
be patient good things come to those that wait!!!
I know, just hate waiting and not knowing whats going on
spike79

Post by spike79 »

Wooohooo.... Finally got the call on Thursday to pick up license. Went first thing Friday morning, and in and out in ten minutes :D