Lorain County scheduling appointments in July as of early Ma

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: Lorain County scheduling appointments in July as of earl

Post by Brian D. »

Sorry to repeat myself on this thread, but you Lorainians--uh, Lorainites--ok whatever--need to publicly bring this matter to the attention of the county auditor and commissioners. Let the sheriff answer to not only the person who oversees his total budget, but also his bosses. The issuance of concealed carry licenses is NOT an unfunded mandate, the SO should be pleased (from a fiscal standpoint) to be doing them.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Yes Brian, I intend to do just that. Rick t, where did you get the LC CHL stats? I would like to compare other counties as well. The 700+ number for 2012 would contradict the anecdotal number of 300 for 2012 quoted previously.

I arrived at the Erie County Sheriff's Office this morning at 8:30 am. There were 3 people in front of me. By the time I submitted my application, was fingerprinted and photographed, and departed, it was 9:05 am. Two lady Sheriff's communications officers worked in tandem, one behind the glass with the computer, camera, and fingerprint reader, and one in front to ensure the apps are completed correctly while we wait in line. It's not rocket surgery. All that is required is the willingness to process the applicants and cash moneyorder after moneyorder. One guy in line behind me applied last Saturday and was there to pick up his license. The one lady retrieved it so that he did not have to wait for those in front of him with applications. He took his license and left. It was all very efficient and friendly. It takes roughly 10 minutes in the chair per applicant.

It saddens me that the residents of Lorain County cannot be serviced in kind by our local Sheriff's Office. Since Sheriff Stamitti chooses to turn away his county's applicants and our cash, they must not need any more revenue. Therefore, I will vote against any future funding initiatives and urge others to do the same. I will also vote FOR Sheriff Samitti's opponent in future elections and urge others to do the same. Law abiding citizens tend to have little contact with the county sheriff's office. CHL applications are one way to reach out to, and connect with, the county's voters. I intend to follow through in other, more direct ways in the weeks and months to come.

No reply yet to my email. I'm sure they are backed up until September.
The British are going! The British are going!
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

muxtech wrote:Rick t, where did you get the LC CHL stats? I would like to compare other counties as well. The 700+ number for 2012 would contradict the anecdotal number of 300 for 2012 quoted previously.
I used the Attorney General's annual report on CCW statistics.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/File ... stics.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I added new licenses plus renewals since each takes an appointment slot.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Erie County SO office called this morning. My CHL is ready to be picked up today, four days after the submission of my walk-in application last Saturday.

Again I wonder, who are the people making appointments at LCSO for September? After all the effort of getting certified and completing the application, why would someone wait 5 months for what took me four days? The only thing that makes any sense is a renewal of a license that expires in the fall.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

I picked up my license this morning at ECSO. In at 8:45 am and out in 15 minutes. Boomshackalacka. Erie County rocks.

Anybody know how long a county sheriff term is until reelection? Is it 4?

It's a little chilly today. I think I'll put my gun on. :mrgreen:
Last edited by muxtech on Sat May 11, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Yeah they are four year terms.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
mattswabb

Post by mattswabb »

I called a few weeks ago and they were scheduling appointments for November.

I went to Erie County on a Tuesday and they called the following Monday. When I dropped off my application another person beat me to the window. I was still out in about 10 minutes.