OHIO CCW DENIAL

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

Re: OHIO CCW DENIAL

Post by BobK »

alorello wrote:I GOT MY LICENSE TODAY THANKS GUY FOR YOUR SUPPORT :D
Great news! Congratulations.

Now stick around these forums and become part of the conversation. :D
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
A Regular Guy

Post by A Regular Guy »

Hello I'm new here so please bear with me...I was charged with a minor misdemeanor of drug abuse in 1998.I am aware that as per the ORC any felony or misdemeanor involving drugs is a disqualifier for ccw permit in ohio. But the law doesn't say minor misdemeanor, as minor misdemeanor and a misdemeanor are two separate categories. Also,ORC 2925.11(D) states:
(D) Arrest or conviction for a minor misdemeanor violation of this section does not constitute a criminal record and need not be reported by the person so arrested or convicted in response to any inquiries about the person's criminal record, including any inquiries contained in any application for employment,license, or other right or privilege, or made in connection with the person's appearance as a witness. So does this mean that in applying for ccw I need not report the aforementioned charge when filling out app. Any constructive input would be appreciated.
Despite what your mama told you....Violence does solve problems
A Regular Guy

Post by A Regular Guy »

im still in need of advice... i talked to a guy who runs ccw course and he said he didnt think i could get it ,then i sited orc2925.11D and he said that if the laws states that then i could. Any help?
BobK

Post by BobK »

A Regular Guy wrote:im still in need of advice... i talked to a guy who runs ccw course and he said he didnt think i could get it ,then i sited orc2925.11D and he said that if the laws states that then i could. Any help?
Sorry that I missed welcoming you in your original post and no one answered you. WELCOME!

I agree with your assessment that a minor misdemeanor is not a disqualifier under R.C. 2923.125.

Are you able to get your record sealed? That is the cleanest solution if you are eligible. Do you have any other convictions in your lifetime? Getting your record sealed is only about $50 in court costs.

Even if you cannot get your record sealed, you can still take the training and apply for your license. You may encounter a sheriff who incorrectly enforces the law, but there is an appeal process that give you the opportunity to make your case.

So go for both sealing your record and getting your CHL.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
A Regular Guy

Post by A Regular Guy »

Hello and thanks for your reply.I have had other charges in the past but no violence or any drug charges other than the one I mentioned.So I can't get it sealed,which is a catch 22 because felons and apply for relief from disability and have rights restored fully.Ohio should have a time limit like other states as to how long a charge hangs around. I think 15 years is long enough. I want my ccw because I don't want to be in a situation where I am forced to submit,or my family is forced to comply with some criminal nut jobs demands.